This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 22, 2019 at 7:45 am #4070617

estherJ

Tell us what you are trying to do?
WPML stopped updating a couple of months ago. I get the error "Update Failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature"
I read something a while ago that said that I needed to replace the plugin. I have now purchased a new licence and want to install the new plugin but I don't want to lose all the configuration on my site.
I can't upload the plugin because the folder already exists. If I delete the existing plugin, will I lose the data/configuration/translations?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

June 22, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4071159

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

If I delete the existing plugin, will I lose the data/configuration/translations?
- no, you will not.
- configurations and translations are saved in the database. not in the pugin files.

Anyhow, NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.