Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 27, 2018 at 8:00 pm #1531064

kamalpreetS

Our website is constantly getting hit with an internal server error because of this:

[Tue Feb 27 13:49:40.058276 2018] [core:error] [pid 14723:tid 139758120421120] [client 192.185.1.20:59949] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: hidden link

I noticed this happened to someone else as well: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/request-exceeded-the-limit-of-10-internal-redirects/

How can this be fixed? It's very urgent and its intermittently taking down the website again and again. Sometimes the website is working sometimes it isn't.

February 28, 2018 at 6:39 am #1531322

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If possible please share with me the contents of your .htaccess

also I would need to see the detail of the error log . You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

February 28, 2018 at 5:27 pm #1532146

kamalpreetS

Since it's a live website we can't show debugging info live. However, I see in our error log the following error:

[28-Feb-2018 16:40:52 UTC] The WC_Customer::get_country function is deprecated since version 3.0. Replace with WC_Customer::get_billing_country.

February 28, 2018 at 9:43 pm #1532360

Bobby
Supporter

This is the only error within the error log ?

Are you able to share with me the .htaccess ? i can enable a private reply so i will be the only one seeing this information.

your next reply is private

February 28, 2018 at 11:00 pm #1532424

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you !

The file looks OK .Reason i am asking is to verify that you are not experiencing a rewrite as expained in the following known issue
-> https://wpml.org/errata/htaccess-is-rewritten-with-language-folder/

How do you usually get this error, is it random or after saving a post ?

Can you please try to reproduce it with Yoast deactivated and also testing the rest of the plugins for a compatibility issue.

-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results please.

The topic ‘[Closed] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects’ is closed to new replies.