Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 27, 2018 at 8:00 pm #1531064

kamalpreetS

Our website is constantly getting hit with an internal server error because of this:

[Tue Feb 27 13:49:40.058276 2018] [core:error] [pid 14723:tid 139758120421120] [client 192.185.1.20:59949] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer: hidden link

I noticed this happened to someone else as well: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/request-exceeded-the-limit-of-10-internal-redirects/

How can this be fixed? It's very urgent and its intermittently taking down the website again and again. Sometimes the website is working sometimes it isn't.

February 28, 2018 at 6:39 am #1531322

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

If possible please share with me the contents of your .htaccess

also I would need to see the detail of the error log . You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

February 28, 2018 at 5:27 pm #1532146

kamalpreetS

Since it's a live website we can't show debugging info live. However, I see in our error log the following error:

[28-Feb-2018 16:40:52 UTC] The WC_Customer::get_country function is deprecated since version 3.0. Replace with WC_Customer::get_billing_country.

February 28, 2018 at 9:43 pm #1532360

Bobby
Supporter

This is the only error within the error log ?

Are you able to share with me the .htaccess ? i can enable a private reply so i will be the only one seeing this information.

your next reply is private

February 28, 2018 at 11:00 pm #1532424

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you !

The file looks OK .Reason i am asking is to verify that you are not experiencing a rewrite as expained in the following known issue
-> https://wpml.org/errata/htaccess-is-rewritten-with-language-folder/

How do you usually get this error, is it random or after saving a post ?

Can you please try to reproduce it with Yoast deactivated and also testing the rest of the plugins for a compatibility issue.

-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results please.

The topic ‘[Closed] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects’ is closed to new replies.