This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 23, 2020 at 2:32 pm #5742507

Bill Lafferty

Tell us what you are trying to do?
A client submitted three jobs to us for translation. While we were still translating, the client made changes to the source. Now those three jobs are frozen, with the "Needs update" status.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Tried to follow the instructions here but unable to resolve the issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-see-complete-needs-update-status-to-complete-wpml/

Can you provide a private email link so I can share login credentials?

Thank you!
Bill

March 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm #5743309

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thanks for contacting our support forum.

With the last version of WPML if the client tries to update any document that has been sent to a service and still in-progress, WPML shows him a message to prevent him from doing this, but if he did WPML automatically treats the jobs as out of date and cancel it.

For now, the only solution will be to send these jobs again to the translation service, then use the translation memory to re-translate, then re-deliver the content to the site.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim

March 27, 2020 at 5:14 pm #5781847

Bill Lafferty

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, you mentioned "send these jobs again to the translation service..."

Would we have to create a new order to do that?

Thanks.
Bill

March 30, 2020 at 8:34 am #5792037

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm not sure what do you mean by creating a new order, but for me, the steps to send them again are by going to WPML -> Translation Management, and select the list of pages that you want to send, then add them to the basket and then go to the basket and send them to the service.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.