Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 11:29 am

andrewv-4

I am trying to: See all the reservations from the restaurant reservations plugin from theme of the crop, but when WPML is active some reservations are missing. Only when I disable the WPML plugin all the reservations show. The reservations don't show when the guest doesn't enter anything in the message field.

July 2, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4127217

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

Could you please replicate this issue on the following sandbox site where I´veu uploaded our WPML plugins with the "Restaraunt Reservations" plugin?

hidden link

Then please write back with steps on how to view the problem on the sandbox site.
THanks for your collaboration

July 3, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4136355

andrewv-4

Hello Yvette,

I cannot seem to find a way to replicate it. I do however have seen an error in the error log concerning both WPML and Restaurant reservations. Is there a way to safely post it in the forum?

If you want to replicate it on the normal site however it is really simple. If you have the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin deactivated all the reservations is show in the booking section. If you however activate the WPML Multilingual CMS some bookings go missing. You can see it by the count and the number of reservations being shown (also happens if you select all languages) and this only happens when there is no message from the guest in the add message section.

Kind regards,

Andrew

July 3, 2019 at 4:56 pm #4138207

Yvette
Supporter

Yes please post the error message here.

I am opening the private area you can just cut&paste the relevant text in the normal message area.
I may have to activate a "form" for the private area to appear so just put in anything.

Observations:
The problem seems to be with "pagination" and not with the message field being blank or not. When I compare the listings of the bookings when WPML CMS is activated and when it is not, the first page is "complete" / the same, the problem happens in the 2nd page.

And when I inspect the various bookings on the 2nd page, there is a mix of bookings with the "message" blank and not empty.

So, to test this thoroughly, on the sandbox site, please create more than 20 reservations and see if the pagination problem then appears.

Thank you so much for your helpin testing this.

July 4, 2019 at 9:01 am #4141487

andrewv-4

Backend log: WordPress databasefout Duplicate entry '3546-nl' for key 'trid_lang' bij query INSERT INTO `wp_icl_translations` (`element_type`, `language_code`, `trid`, `element_id`) VALUES ('post_rtb-booking', 'nl', '3546', '2177') gemaakt door require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->rebuild_language_information, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_information, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_to_posts, TranslationManagement->add_missing_language_to_post, SitePress->set_element_language_details, WPML_Set_Language->set, WPML_Set_Language->insert_new_row\n, referer: hidden link

July 4, 2019 at 10:05 am #4142201

andrewv-4

I have also checked your observation, but that is because reservations have gone missing from the first page. For today for example there are 41 reservations and when WPML is on there are 29 on the first page (where there should be 30 if it was an second page issue). You can see it with one reservation clearly that it is going missing. Reservation from 05/07/2019 18:30 for two persons on the first page.

I will go and fill the sandbox with more than 30 now 😉

Edit: there are now 30+ reservations in the system

July 4, 2019 at 1:30 pm #4143881

Yvette
Supporter

I see what you say.
The reservation 05/07/2019 18:30 for Folkersma does not appear when CMS is active.

I´ll have to keep looking for some kind of pattern. I´ll update you as soon as I have any insights

July 4, 2019 at 1:42 pm #4143975

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I think I found the reason why the listings don´t show...and while I can "fix" this in the database, I am not sure how the situation is happening in the first place

Problem:
The language information attached to the bookings that do not show up when WPML CMS is activated, all have their language code set to "all"
(see image)

Once I correct the language code to be "nl", then the listing will pick them up.

Would you be able to replicate a scenario where the booking would be stored with the "all" language code?

July 4, 2019 at 2:13 pm #4144367

andrewv-4

Hi Yvette,

We tried to replicate the issue with several testbookings, but we cannot seem to replicate it in any way or form.. We are just as stunned as you about the problem.

Is there any way we can try and "force" the error to happen again so we can see the problem?

July 4, 2019 at 2:25 pm #4144417

Yvette
Supporter

You can try to create a booking when the admin-language of the dashboard is in "All Languages"??

Maybe that will create the entry with the "All" language code.

July 5, 2019 at 11:59 am #4151067

andrewv-4

Hi Yvette,

Tried and it is still not replicating itself. All the new reservations made are also being shown from what I can see now. New reservations are also showing up.

July 5, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4152427

Yvette
Supporter

= (

I suppose you will have to monitor when a new reservation is made that does NOT show up (?). I am sorry to not be able to help you figure out what conditions cause this to happen.

Perhaps it has to do with browser used to make the reservation?? or are all the reservations made from backend?

If backend, is there a particular user perhaps that creates the reservations...what lang do they have in their profile?

July 10, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4180775

andrewv-4

I think there is one now. 11/07/2019 18:00 Nina. This one only shows up if I deactivate the plugin. The reservations are all made at the frontend without an account.

July 10, 2019 at 2:02 pm #4181121

Yvette
Supporter

Hello
Yes, I can confirm that the post-id= 2322 with post title "Nina Meister" is saved in the icl_translations table with the "all" language code.

So, now one has to figure out what conditions in frontend would assign an "all" language code = (.

July 18, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4238683

andrewv-4

Hello Yvette,

I have moved the website over to a subdomain of ours so that we can test the website without it affecting the main site. Is there a way that I can send you the new FTP code and login?

The topic ‘[Closed] Reservations not showing when WPML is active’ is closed to new replies.