This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by monicaM-17 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 19, 2019 at 12:36 am

monicaM-17

I am trying to: reset and remove WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: WPML removed.

Instead, I got: white page.

Flyhwheel Staging username/password: flywheel / breakable-spiral

September 19, 2019 at 11:32 am #4604301

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

You can reset WPML plugin by following below steps:

1. Please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

After deleting all data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again.

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works/

OR

- If you face any issue in accessing WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting page then please go to *_options database table and delete the ‘icl_sitepress_settings’ entry. This caused WPML to start over with set up.

2. After deleting all WPML data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you will not face any issue.

3. If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

September 19, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4604901

monicaM-17

I did reset it already and now have NO access to my site. Its a staging site so I can start over again but I've done this a few times and the end result is always the same, no access to the site at all.

September 19, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4605081

monicaM-17

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!