Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
December 5, 2019 at 10:15 am #5075155

linusK-2

Hi,

I know that the language redirection based on browser language is an single-time redirect operation that resets every 24 hours.

Im wondering if it can be possible in some way to reset that redirection every time a person leaves my website??

If someone visit my website for the first time and it redirect to the browser language i want it to reset if the person change website and then going back to my website i want it to redirect again.

Best Regards
Linus Koskinen

December 5, 2019 at 9:54 pm #5080601

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

At the moment you can only set the expiration time to be at a minimum of 24hours.

You might be able to tweak this behavior by using the following Hook and some custom coding work.

https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_browser_redirect_language_params/

Review the following documentation regarding the cookie used

hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Reset the auto redirect everytime the user leaves the website’ is closed to new replies.