This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Author Posts
June 14, 2018 at 10:58 pm #2414513

Amit
Supporter

Hi everyone,

For the last days we were working hard to fix recent issues, we were aiming to release WPML 4.0.3 today, but we’re getting too close to the weekend and we don’t want to update all sites when we’re not all available.

We do have a new release candidate (RC) version of both WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual. These releases are the same as we’re going to release next week. They are fully tested and ready for production sites. We believe that this update will resolve the problems that you reported. They will make images appear again in translated content, resolve problems with featured images in translations and resolve a collection of problems with WooCommerce Multilingual. This update is available from inside your WPML.org download page. Please log-in, go to Downloads and choose the ‘Beta channel’.

You will need to install all beta plugins together (of course the ones that you use on your site). This includes WPML, WPML Media Translation and WooCommerce Multilingual. We haven’t updated String Translation and Translation Management.

I would like to please ask you to test if these releases resolve the issue you have reported. If you have a staging site, it would be great to try on it. Otherwise, if you don’t have a staging site and your production site currently suffers from problems with media translation, you can directly update your production site.

We plan to push this release to all clients on Monday. If there are still ANY unresolved problems, please let us know ASAP, so we can handle them before Monday’s release.

You can leave a comment on this ticket with what you have found and I will follow during the weekend.

Thanks!
Amit Kvint
WPML Support manager

June 15, 2018 at 1:54 am #2414607

Benny

Hi,

the image show back when working on translation, however, the text cannot be saved, also, it cannot display the translated text in the translated page, plz provide a hidden reply so that i can share more information on the issue, thanks

June 15, 2018 at 8:08 am #2414976

Amit
Supporter

Thanks, @Benny,

I have activated the private box area, please leave me a step by step description, if possible with screens so I can see what is not working there.

Cheers!

June 15, 2018 at 12:49 pm #2415615

Amit
Supporter

Hi @Benny,

I have just logged in - thanks for the details, I managed to create successfully a product in both languages called test-wpml-new-product - please take a look and tell me if I have missed anything.

Thanks@

June 15, 2018 at 1:40 pm #2415685

Benny

Hi,

From your product:

1. when you go to frontend of the product, when you go to english version, those title / caption text still using the chinese one (you can click the image and see the title / caption at the bottom of the lightbox or mouse hover).

2. I have upload a new image to product gallery, and you can see i cannot save the translation of English version which is blanked after save (I don't now how you can save it but i don't success here, and steps for your flow?);
My flow is: Direct upload a new image at product gallery and edit the title / caption there, save it, then click the translation pencil to start edit the translation within the product)

screencap is the English translation text (should be) but it show the default language content, even you have translation for it

June 15, 2018 at 3:36 pm #2415960

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi Benny, I just logged in to your site and I can see that after adding a caption for the image in the translation editor, when you click Save, the caption disappears. I also tested this on a clean install and I as unable to reproduce this issue.

Since this is a staging environment, would it be okay to disable non WPML plugins (except for WooCommerce of course) and temporarily switch to a default theme? Then try to save the image caption in the translation editor again, and see if anything changes.

Also, if you can enable debug mode, then we can check the log to see if any errors are showing up. If you would like me to do this for you, please just let me know that I have permission and I'll be happy to run these tests. I will also need FTP access for the debug log. I have marked the next field as private so you can add that information.

June 15, 2018 at 9:24 pm #2416275

anderse-10

This is truly weird.... You say: "This update is available from inside your WPML.org download page. Please log-in, go to Downloads and choose the ‘Beta channel’." I don't see any page named "downloads". Should I ?? Where?? In my case the first page of my site (soundwell.com) doesn't even show up now! And I see I have had no visits after uploading version 4

June 15, 2018 at 9:55 pm #2416348

anderse-10

OK, i found the download page (through writing the url). I downloaded the three files I found there: Installed two of them according to tips above: WPML multilingual CMS (actually called sitepress multilingual cms 4.03 -rc1) . I managed to install it changing the name of the existing folder. I shouldn't update WPML String translation or Translation Management, OK I won't. I installed Media translation 2.33 rc1 the same way. Now I still cannot even reach the front page at soundwell.com..... sad.......

June 16, 2018 at 9:03 am #2416602

Amit
Supporter

Hi @ anderse-10,

I am sorry to hear you still have issues with the RC release. Will it be possible for you to provide us with a testing server with your site so we can have a look and debug? I am activating for you the next reply as private so you can share a link and credentials,

Thanks!

June 16, 2018 at 9:50 am #2416636

anderse-10

OK, after changing web browser, I could reach the site soundwell.com (did wpml do something to firefox?) I installed duplicator, but when I tried to create a packet, I got a scanning error (500) so I can not send the other information that I have filled out because of that.

June 17, 2018 at 9:54 am #2417411

nicolaB-17

I have several errors, on Media Translate I can not select the box for the translation because it is covered by the image.
Second error, once I activate Media Translate, I can no longer access the WPML settings because it gives me a blank screen.
If I download Woocommerce Multilingual 4.3, the SHOP page stops working and returns me Fatal Error.

P.S.I've also tried with Beta versions

June 17, 2018 at 7:59 pm #2417790

Daniel

I can confirm that WPML Translation Management 2.6.3-rc.1 appears to fix:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/broken-woocommerce-membership-editor/

June 18, 2018 at 10:55 am #2418841

longD-3

I have updated to the RC version and the "images not appear" issue was fixed, however there is another bug: I cannot change the featured image of the secondary language anymore. No matter what I did (turn on/off the " Use the same featured image as set for the content in the original language" in both Settings and in post editor), it always reverted to the primary language's featured image. I cannot even remove the featured image for secondary language.

Note that I'm talking about custom post type, I haven't tried on default post types.

I tried with the set of plugins for version 3.9.4 and it worked fine, so this issue must be from 4.0 version.

I have another weird issue for version 4 that when I click on the + or pencil button to translate (both in table list or in wysiwyg editor), sometime it goes to the side-by-side editor, sometime it's normal editor. It seems random, despite I have tried turning in settings to use either Classic editor or Manually, but no hope. I need to use the normal editor so I can translate images and custom fields.

I guess I'll have to stick to the stable version 3.9.4 for a while.

June 18, 2018 at 11:05 am #2418856

micheleB-16

Hi, good to know. In fact, Media Translation requires an "installation" for every media page (pagination) and I cannot translate all media. Translations simply are not saved. Last but not least, featured images are not copied from the original language. I do hope this update will fix these issues.

June 18, 2018 at 12:23 pm #2419040

Amit
Supporter

@longo -

About both issues, you are describing there, from what I understand they are not bugs -

1. please read our WPML Media document: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/ --> "When you need to show images with content that you translated using WPML’s Translation Management, you should never edit that content manually using the WordPress “post editor.” If you do, your edits will be lost the next time you update this content using Translation Management."

2. the translation job is probably in progress, please cancel it and resend it - that should work