Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
January 11, 2020 at 9:18 pm #5274521

svenG-16

Hi guys,

I am trying a test with a different theme at the moment on my test website here:

body-wisdom-test-com.stackstaging.com/

If I go to the German translation, 3 out of 4 times I am getting a 500 Server Error. I have narrowed down the issue you can see in the first image. For some reason critical resources are not being loaded. The server manages to load only the /de/{PAGE} and not the:
wp-content
&
wp-includes/js

When the same page actually works on a refresh or two, these resources are visible in the console as seen in the second image.

So do you have any ideas what might be causing this and how I can fix it? Shouldn't the wp-content and includes resources be loaded first before the page.

Any support would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Julian

January 13, 2020 at 1:12 pm #5282807

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

As this involves system resources, and it is intermittent in nature, this kind of server error is definitely difficult to diagnose.

1. Have you reviewed the system requirements for WPML to run normally here?
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

2. Are you able to find a way to provoke the error consistently/reliably?

3. Have you approached your server support people to ask their inputs?

4. Does this issue happen if you temporarily change your activet theme to Twenty Nineteen and temporarily deactivate your non-WPML plugins?

Thanks

January 20, 2020 at 2:31 pm #5324615

svenG-16

Dear Yvette,

Please take the to read the previous messages in this 4 page long thread, we can on consistent basis provoke the same error, please help us, we are missing out on a great deal of sales.

If you read the messages you will see what we have done already, please note that it takes too long to explain it over and over again to a new agent.

Thank you

Sven

January 20, 2020 at 3:07 pm #5324999

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

You wrote: "..Please take the to read the previous messages in this 4 page long thread,.."

I don´t see any link to a 4-page long thread. Did you forget to include it?

January 20, 2020 at 7:36 pm #5326713

svenG-16

Hi Yvette,

The original Thread is here:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problems-with-wpml-and-cornerstone-x-theme/page/4/

We're still waiting for a response. On 20th of December Alejandro wrote us that he is still waiting for a response from your developers.
Today is the 20th of January. I am not sure what is happening, but we're not receiving any updates there for some reason, because the issue is being delegated to your Dev team. However a month seems to be a crazy amount of time for the dev team to give us a status update.

The website I sent for review on this thread was a complete copy of the previous site with a changed theme and still something was going wrong there as well. The error was however a bit different than the one we had in our original thread.

January 21, 2020 at 8:21 am #5329949

Yvette
Supporter

Hi

I´ve checked the escalated ticket and I can see there was an update on 15 january. I´ve put a note in there for Alejandro to please contact/update you with any news.

Unfortunately, since there is an existing ticket already, we cannot have more supporters attached to the issue. Alejandro is your contact point and all progress with the issue needs to go through the original ticket.

I´ve just sent an internal message to him as well that you are waiting for a response.
As this is the most I can do, once you have resumed engagement from Alejandro, please close this ticket.

Thanks