This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 3:56 pm #3970709

karolO

Hello,
Your support page states CLEARLY:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/using-wordpress-rest-api-woocommerce-multilingual/

"Using the REST API, you can now create, read, update, and delete translated WooCommerce content. This includes Products, Categories, Orders, and others."

Which is clearly FALSE and that wasn't fixed for so many months according to other posts. When i create category with REST API like that:

$data = [
    'name' => 'Clothing',
    'lang' => 'en',
];

print_r($woocommerce->post('products/categories', $data));

REST API adds category to default language. This REALLY sucks.
You actually added a lot work to my schedule just because your documentation page is not updated.

June 7, 2019 at 3:49 am #3973853

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thanks for writing in! I’m happy to help out.

I checked our internal issue tracking and can notice that it's not possible to create product categories using rest API currently, this issue is in our developer's queue right now.

I agree with you about the documentation update, I will create a new ticket for our documentation team and will ask them to update it as soon as possible.

I am sorry I couldn't be much help, feel free to open a new ticket if you encounter any new issue.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar