Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I try to access the APIs, the default language posts are displayed in all languages.

Solution: Make sure you are using the latest version of WPML and that you are using the same URL format to access the API. For example:

If you are using URL format as directories: - site.com/en/wp-json/wp/v2/posts?per_page=3&status=publish&_embed

If you are using URL with parameter format: - site.com/wp-json/wp/v2/posts?per_page=3&status=publish&_embed&lang=en

To see the current URL format for your site, click on the WPML > Languages > Language URL format.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Matteo 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 20, 2017 at 10:51 am #1301834

Matteo

Hi,

trying to retrieve latest posts in the right translation. This is the url I call:

hidden link

I expected to see them in english, but they always come in default language (italian).

any hint?

Thanks a lot

June 20, 2017 at 12:45 pm #1301970

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I've noticed you are using older versions of WPML. Please, could you update all your WPML plugins?

Note that it is recommended to fully backup your site before updating your plugins.

After updating the plugins, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

June 20, 2017 at 12:51 pm #1301976

Matteo

Hi,

just updated the plugin, the problem persists. Is my call right?

thanks

June 20, 2017 at 1:10 pm #1301998

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you.

As you are using the URL format domain by directories, the correct URL should look like this: magazine.ecor-research.com/en/wp-json/wp/v2/posts?per_page=3&status=publish&_embed

Accessing this URL appears to be working correctly.

Please, could you check if using the URL the result is displayed correctly?

Thank you.

June 20, 2017 at 1:15 pm #1302002

Matteo

great, this way works like a charm!

thanks a lot!