This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 7:08 pm #3918311

juan-joseR-10

I am trying to:
Save a custom post type, but whenever I try to, it fails. This is the response:
POST hidden link
{"code":"rest_no_route","message":"No route was found matching the URL and request method","data":{"status":404}}
I'm using the Real Homes theme, and I only have WPML installed with WPML strings translation

May 30, 2019 at 8:51 am #3921437

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

How are you creating your Custom Post Type?

From your debug information I see a couple of things that could be related to the issue:
1. Your MySQL version is 5.5.5, while WPML requires at least 5.6. You might see if you can update it.
2. The WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

May 31, 2019 at 5:23 pm #3932411

juan-joseR-10

Hi Laura!
Thanks for the answer, I didn't see it. It's weird about the Mysql version, as we use MariaDB 10.2. Anyways I upgraded the DB to MariaDB 10.3, and added more memory limit. But it still returns the error. I checked with creating a regular blog post, and it works there, so it has to be something related with the custom post type. I didn't make the post type, it's one that comes with the theme (Real Homes).

How can I debug WPML when I press save on the post? I think that the issue lies in something that is not set as translatable

June 1, 2019 at 6:58 am #3934383

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

if you use Maria DB it's okay (it has a different numbering from MySQL but our debug information tool can't tell the difference).

If the custom post type is property, is set as translatable. In any case, if a post type is set as not translatable you don't get the option to create a translation at all, so it can't be your case.

Could you try to install Translation Management? It's needed to correctly translate page builders, and since you use Elementor this could be the issue.

If this doesn't help, you might try to enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

June 1, 2019 at 3:12 pm #3935417

juan-joseR-10

Hi!
I tried all your suggestions. Nothing worked. When installing Translation Management, the w
Wordpress dashboard gets painfully slow, so I had to remove it. It didn't solve the issue anyway. And I enabled the debug lines, and I see no debug file.
The issue seems to appear only on the pages that use the wp-json (Gutenberg editor) and don't use the elementor page builder. I can successfully translate the home page for example.

The topic ‘[Closed] rest_no_route when saving custom post type’ is closed to new replies.