Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John-Pierre Cornelissen 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
February 5, 2021 at 12:07 pm #8016205

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Is it possible to retranslate a page with the ATE and use a different processor? The page was translated with Microsoft, but gives bad results, so I want to retranslate with Deepl.

Is it possible to retranslate a page with the ATE and use a different processor? The page was translated with Microsoft, but gives bad results, so I want to retranslate with Deepl.

February 5, 2021 at 12:45 pm #8016489

John-Pierre Cornelissen

I just compared the translation with the online tools from Deepl and Azure/Bing, and it looks like it is translated with Deepl after all. So the translation is ok now.

I'd still appreciate how I can force a re-translation with a different engine when that's needed.

Thanks
JP

February 8, 2021 at 12:10 pm #8031439

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

The best way to re translate is to remove the translation and send the pages for translation again that wold generally force re translation based on the translation engine.

Regards
Raja

February 8, 2021 at 12:39 pm #8031941

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Remove as in delete the translated post?

So if it were a blogpost, I would go to the posts page, search the post in the language I want to delete, and then delete it?

February 8, 2021 at 12:56 pm #8032473

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes, delete the translated post to get the translation done using new engines.

February 8, 2021 at 1:27 pm #8032877

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Ok, thank you. That's what I did indeed.