This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by melindaA 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 11:37 pm #2779643

melindaA

I translated all my original pages before a big rewrite and URL change. I'd like to remove all my Spanish pages and then have them retranslated. How do i do this. I'll also be changing the spanish URLs so i assume I'll want to use the sticky plugin before doing this right?

October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am #2780491

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

To delete the Spanish translated pages itself, you can go to Dashboard->Pages and from the wp-admin bar change the language to Spanish ( hidden link ) and delete the selected pages, this will delete the whole page.

Also, make sure to delete this page from that language trash.

Since you are retranslating the pages I do not think that you need to have Sticky Links AddOn.
Anyhow, in case if you need please refer: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/sticky-links/

After deleting the translated pages clicking the button to copy everything back from the original English page and translate it again will make the process easy I think.
If you prefer some other method just go with whichever easier for you.

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before deleting/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Regards,
Riffaz.

October 2, 2018 at 1:51 pm #2781719

melindaA

After they are all deleted, is there a way to translate all of them at once?

October 2, 2018 at 1:57 pm #2781749

melindaA

Also, after deleting a test article, it disappears from the menu.
Also, Is there a way to start the translations but not have them complete? When it cretes the new translation, it goes to the translate page and won't let me leave witouth comleteing it.

October 3, 2018 at 6:58 am #2783562

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

After they are all deleted, is there a way to translate all of them at once?
- technically this is not possible. when you have more than one page the contents are different, right?
- so how is it possible to translate them all in once?

Also, after deleting a test article, it disappears from the menu.
- yes, it is expected. when you do not have a page/article default WordPress system will delete it.
- what is the purpose of having a menu item with a broken link?
- that will affect your SEO as well

Is there a way to start the translations but not have them complete? When it cretes the new translation, it goes to the translate page and won't let me leave witouth comleteing it.
- WPML allows you to display content, which is written in the site’s default language, when viewing pages in other languages. If a translation exists WPML displays it, otherwise, it displays content from the site’s default language.
- please refer: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

hope, this will help you.

Regards,

October 11, 2018 at 4:13 am #2806633

melindaA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!