Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mattbostock 10 years ago.

Author Posts
November 18, 2009 at 11:49 am #14019

mattbostock

I want to make the front page of my website show my most recent blog posts. For this, I wanted to use the query_posts() function.
The problem is this: I will only be publishing my blog in English, though the rest of the site (including the front page) are translated. When a visitor opens the front page in French, the translated page shows as normal but the recent blog posts don't show, as they only exist in English.
Is there away to specify the language in query_posts(), thereby allowing me to change languages on the same page? I've been hacking the source but to no avail so far.
Thaknks to Amir and his team for all their hard work. Implementing internalization is a big task, made much easier by WPML.

November 18, 2009 at 12:12 pm #14021

Amir

This question is coming up more and more often and I think that we'll need to address it in WPML. Even in our own site, everything is translated, but we don't translate most of the blog posts (it's just not worth it).
We should add an option for WPML to choose which blog posts to show for the non-default language:
* Only in that language.
* In that language, if they exist or in the default language.
This will only be available for posts. Once visitors click on a post in a different language, they will see everything in that language, including the navigation and everything else.
Does this make sense?

November 18, 2009 at 12:28 pm #14022

mattbostock

Sounds good to me, thanks for your reply Amir. For the moment I think I'll try using WordPress' RSS functions to achieve what I need.

The topic ‘[Closed] Retrieving posts in a specific language using query_posts’ is closed to new replies.