This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.00 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4322227

harrietK-2

I am trying to:

The return to shop button ( Zurück zum Shop ) is not working as expected, I checked checked the WooCommerce multilingual settings to make this go to /webshop/ instead it wants to go to /shop-2/. Could you explain why this is not updating/where to change this.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

It to return to /webshop/ as this is set as the Shop page in the german version of the site.

Instead, I got:

August 1, 2019 at 5:32 pm #4324553

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.
From the debug information, I can see that your MySQL version is 5.5.5
WPML requires at least 5.6 Could you please update the same?
You can read the minimum requirements here:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Regarding the issue, have you tried checking for the string in WPML > String Translation?

Thanks,
Rohan

August 2, 2019 at 5:59 am #4326979

harrietK-2

Hi Rohan,

I tried to do a search for the string and nothing was coming up. Do you know which area in the string translation this would be?

Many thanks

August 2, 2019 at 11:01 am #4329213

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Maybe the strings you need to translate are among the admin texts, if this is the case you will be able to translate them by following the steps described in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

You can try the below steps:
1. Go to WPML -> Strings Translation
2. Click the link 'Translate texts in admin screens' (you'll find it at the bottom of the page)
3. You'll see a page with a large list of text strings. These are all the registered Admin options. Try to find your string related text here. Keep in mind that it can be inside a section like (theme_mods_Divi). If so, try to click the link to check all its options. If you find your option there, select it marking its checkbox and click Apply button (bottom of the page)
4. Once done, you should see the string registered in WPML -> Strings Translation. Then you'll simply need to translate it and mark it as complete.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 2, 2019 at 3:59 pm #4331341

harrietK-2

Thanks Rohan,

I know how to do the string translation but it's finding what it's under within the String translation area. Do you have any idea for this?

August 2, 2019 at 4:21 pm #4331425

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Also, please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 5, 2019 at 3:59 pm #4341769

harrietK-2

I would rather not give access to the site, would you be able to advise which string this is? I am guessing it's something within WooCommerce.

August 5, 2019 at 4:58 pm #4342117

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Usually, these strings will appear in String Translation or "Translate texts in admin screens" under String Translation. As you have checked in both the sections it may have inserted through some other options in your theme.

Also, you can try navigating to WPML > Theme and plugins localization and scan your theme and the plugins which you think will contain the string. Once it is completed you can return to String Translation & search for the string.

If that is also not working, maybe we need to generate a wpml-config.xml file or your theme may not be compatible.

I've asked the credentials for checking & finding any such issues.

Thanks,
Rohan

The topic ‘[Closed] Return to shop on German site not translating/acting as expected’ is closed to new replies.