This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 3:05 pm #3536301

hooiC

I am trying to: reviews are displaying under the product in the English site . but this is not shown under the German site. as I understand from other tickets, we have to install a 3rd party plugin in order to show the same reviews(translated) in the secondary language site?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

April 4, 2019 at 3:11 pm #3536407

hooiC

Hi Alejandro, the reviews are not showing on the Ireland ( a duplicate site of the UK English site). is there something i have to enable to show this?

April 4, 2019 at 3:19 pm #3536441

hooiC

Hi, I forgot to mention. I enable the setting in wpml settings - Synchronize comments on duplicate content but no reviews duplicated from the English site to the Ireland site.
hidden link

April 5, 2019 at 6:32 am #3540905

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi, welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you sort this issue out.

May I know if you're using a plugin for these reviews? That will help me know how to proceed.

April 5, 2019 at 6:59 am #3541015

hooiC

Hi Alejandro, its WordPress comes with its own comment section.
hidden link
we don't use another plugin

April 5, 2019 at 11:11 am #3543609

Alejandro
Supporter

Oh, ok so it's the comments.

May i have access credentials to a site where i can check this, because it sounds like a bug, but i'd need to run a few tests, first.

April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm #3545087

Alejandro
Supporter

I asked for advice to our developers on this one, since i couldn't find a way to show the review.

There is one thing i noted, though, it seems that the review code is a bit different that the usual, did you make a template for it by any chance?

April 8, 2019 at 3:29 pm #3559797

hooiC

Hi Alejandro, sorry, i am not sure what you meant by review code. the reviews that are appearing on the engish site were added by our developer as the reviews were obtained from the users.

April 9, 2019 at 6:39 am #3563277

Alejandro
Supporter

Can you tell me how did the developer add them? Did he use any code (or add it to a page template) to do so?

If he did, can you share it here please so I can check if it needs to have something added?

April 9, 2019 at 7:15 am #3563367

hooiC

Hi Alejandro,
the issue on the language switcher takes priority over this issue below. we would be grateful if you could assist us with that first.
the developer who added the comments no longer works for us. I think he just add this through the Home page or the product page. if you look at the page source of where the reviews appears under the starter pack product, there is an li-comment=771 in the list. I don't know where this woocommerce-tabs is saved.

April 9, 2019 at 11:22 am #3566007

Alejandro
Supporter

Could you please upload your theme to the sandbox site below so i can try to take a look at it and see where the reviews come from? add some comments in the original language alone and let me know if the problem is there as well.

hidden link

Regards.

April 11, 2019 at 8:02 am #3584671

hooiC

Hi Alejandro, I believe the reviews are are written in this file: wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/single-product/tabs/tabs.php. Do you want access to this file?
<div class="woocommerce-tabs wc-tabs-wrapper">
<ul class="tabs wc-tabs" role="tablist">
<li class="reviews_tab" id="tab-title-reviews" role="tab" aria-controls="tab-reviews">
<a href="#tab-reviews">Reviews (6)</a>

<div class="woocommerce-Tabs-panel woocommerce-Tabs-panel--reviews panel entry-content wc-tab" id="tab-reviews" role="tabpanel" aria-labelledby="tab-title-reviews">
<div id="reviews" class="woocommerce-Reviews">
<div id="comments">
<h2 class="woocommerce-Reviews-title">6 reviews for <span>myLotus Fertility Starter Pack with advanced quantitative technology (1 Monitor, 60 Ovulation tests and 9 Pregnancy tests)</span></h2>

<ol class="commentlist">
<p><a id="lang-comments-link" href="hidden link">Show reviews in all languages (12)</a></p><li class="review even thread-even depth-1" id="li-comment-771">

<div id="comment-771" class="comment_container">

April 11, 2019 at 10:03 am #3585911

Alejandro
Supporter

That is the default WooCommerce review information but there should be something in your theme that is overwriting this. it's probably on a WooCommerce folder on your theme as well. if you can, you can upload your theme over here:

hidden link

The link above is a sandbox site. the link is only visible for both of us and will appear as hidden everywhere else. it will also be deleted automatically after 7 days of inactivity on the site. so it's private and safe.

Please add it there so i can try to test where are these reviews coming from and if they need something else.

That sandbox already has WooCommerce products so you only need to configure WPML (add the languages you have on your site mostly, i can take it from there).

Let me know when you do.

The topic ‘[Closed] reviews not showing on secondary language sites’ is closed to new replies.