This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Günter 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 9:52 am

Günter

I have been using Revolution Slider on this website for quite some time. I have now made some changes to the slider itself (f.e. added another slide).
Unfortunately I now have a problem with the Revolution Slider on my English page.
There are two different sliders for the German and the English page. These were linked to the respective page. On the German side everything works fine. On the English side unfortunately not...
Can you help me here?

Thank you very much.
Best regards

August 5, 2019 at 11:08 am
August 5, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4340643

Günter

Hello. I'm back at my desk. Have you had the opportunity to take a closer look?
🙂

August 5, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4342195

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

As soon I try to access the URL hidden link I receive an error about that the site has been deactivated.

Could you please and le tme know when I will be able to login?

Further, please check the following documentation and make sure to follow the instructions. As you mentioned earlier Revolution Slider uses individual Sliders for each langauge. Have the changes been adapted manually to the second slider?

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards
Andreas

August 6, 2019 at 8:03 am #4344969

Günter

Hello, Andreas,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Please use the following link to register:
hidden link
The username and password are as specified.

Sometimes the German slider links to other contents than the English slider. In addition, there were some slides that should only be displayed in the German slider and not in the English slider. Therefore I use two different sliders - one for the German language and one for the English language.

I'll take a look at the debug link right now and try to provide you with this information.

Many thanks and best regards

August 6, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4349897

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I would kindly like to ask you again to read the instructions in the following documentation. Take a look at step 4.

On your site I can see that the for the slide "Startseite_slider_final_dt" the WPML option has been enabled but then there was not any language decalred inside of the slider options.

Please assign the correct language to each slider and let me know if the issue persists.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 7, 2019 at 8:34 am #4352823

Günter

Hello Andreas,

Thank you very much for your answer.
I have assigned the appropriate language to all sliders (see screenshots).
However, the Revolutions slider is not displayed on the English page. The error message is still the same....

Best regards

August 7, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4356419

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Each Revolution Slider creates a shortcode, as the German Slider has the shortcode:

[rev_slider alias="startseite_slider_final_dt-1"][/rev_slider]

while the English Slider uses the shortcode:

[rev_slider alias="startseite_slider_final_engl-1"][/rev_slider]

I checked the page editor of your Homepage and I was not able to find these elements.

Could you please let me know how the slider was integrated into the site in order to make it visible on Front-end? Please provide detailed steps in order for me to recreate the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 8, 2019 at 8:27 am #4360951

Günter

Hello, Andreas,

the following steps were done to integrate the Revolution Slider into the front-end of the website:

- Login to the website concab.de/cc-admin
- Open the back-end of the start page via "Edit page
- Scroll down to "Page Meta" - "Slider options"
- Under "Revolution Slider alias", enter the alias of the corresponding slider
- Click "Refresh"

However, when I just went through the steps again, I noticed that on the English side I did not enter the alias of the English slider, but that of the German slider.
On the English page I replaced the alias of the German slider with the alias of the English slider and clicked on "Update". However, the changes were not adopted and the alias of the German slider is again on the English page.

Can you please have a look at it?

Best regards

August 8, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4364145

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have pasted the alias for the English switcher on the English page and also tried some different Multilinual Content Setups but somehow Revolution Slider does not find the Slider.

I would kindly like to ask you to install the Flexform theme and Revolution Slider onto the following test site. I would like to try if the same issue occurs on a new installation of WordPress in order to escalate the issue to our compatiblity team.

One Click Login: hidden link

Could you please clarify of the issue only appears for some Sliders or does not any translation work?

Leave me a short notification once the test site is ready.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 8, 2019 at 6:17 pm #4365335

Günter

Hello, Andreas,

thank you so much!

I installed the theme "Flexform" and the newest version of the Revolution Slider on the "Sandbox".
Furthermore I downloaded both the english and the german slider of the ConCab-homepage. Unfortunately I constantly get error messages when I try to upload these sliders again at "Sandbox". Can you please try this?

How can I find out if the problem only exists with one or more sliders?
The German slider is currently integrated on the English page and is still not displayed...
When I add the English slider via the alias on the German homepage of the ConCab website, the English slider will actually be displayed!!
I assume that the problem is due to the english-language page....

Best regards
🙂

August 8, 2019 at 9:27 pm #4366145

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have created two Slider on the test site without any issues.

One Click Login: hidden link

It is very possible that some plugin is causing a compatiblity issue on your site, possibly after a latest update. Please proceed as followed:

Verify if any of the created slider shares the same alias and make sure you use an idnividual alias for each slider.

Disable any additional plugin but Slider Revolution and WPML CMS Multilingual. Does the issue persis? If not, start reactivating the plugins in small groups to indicate which plugins might be cuasing a compatibility issue.

Also please enable the WP Debug Feature in order to check for PHP errors and provide me the result from the debug.log file. More information about how to achieve this you will find here:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 9, 2019 at 8:34 am #4368697

Günter

Hello, Andreas,

i deleted all the sliders i no longer needed from my website and checked the aliases of the remaining sliders. All have individual and different aliases.

I have disabled all plugins except Slider Revolution and WPML CMS Multilingual (screenshot) and have displayed the english ConCab website in different browsers and after deleting all cookies but unfortunately the slider was still not displayed on the english site.

I will install the WP debug feature today. I will let you know as soon as I have this installed.

Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards

August 9, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4370731

Günter

Hello, Andreas,

i have included the WP debug feature in the wp-config.

best regards

August 9, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4371189

Günter

Hello, Andreas,

I removed the following from the wp-config, because it caused a lot of error messages on the ConCab website (see screenshot):

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

I'm sorry!

Many greetings and a nice weekend