This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Revolution Slider Error in WP Bakery with WPML active Solution: "It turned out that the superfish is used by my theme to create the menu. But getting rid of the error in the console created by the superfish did not solve the problem with the main error. Then I turned off all the plugins and started turning them on one by one. Slider error appeared when the Calculated Fields Form plugin was enabled. I changed the way of loading its scripts in the settings and the slider works now without errors."

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 10:40 am #4106637

nicholas

I am trying to:
I have the same issue as here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-multilingual-cms-breaks-slider-revolution/
When I edit my home page using WP Bakery, I see the same error at the top of the page:
Revolution Slider Error: You have some jquery.js library include that comes after the revolution files js include.
This includes make eliminates the revolution slider libraries, and make it not work.

If I disable the main WPML plugin, the error will disappear.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: revolution slider block

Instead, I got: error message

June 28, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4107671

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if you tried the following:

"1. In the Slider Settings -> Troubleshooting set option: Put JS Includes To Body option to true.
2. Find the double jquery.js include and remove it."

According to that other thread you linked, it does not seem to be working. However, may I present some other recommendations and ideas?
- when I checked this page - hidden link - it looks like that it is working, this slider is working properly, so this is only about the WPBakery Page Builder element.
- when a look at your screenshot, it seems like that the issue is happening when you are using WPBakery Page Builder front-end editor
- I suspect that in order to all this work in the front-end, there are some jQuery scripts loading several times, causing the error and I would most likely need to pass this to our compatibility team, but it seems to be coupled only with WPBakery Page Builder and Slider Revolution, so not the combination of Slider in WPML alone
- this may also mean that we ( compatibility team) would need to check with authors of both plug-ins in case we don't get this resolved by ourselves

Therefore, can you tell me if you're interested ( as a workaround) to try loading the page editor from the backend of the site and modifying the page there? WPBakery Page Builder offers both options - you can access it by editing the page from the WordPress dashboard.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 28, 2019 at 3:17 pm #4108963

nicholas

Thank you for your replay. Yeah, I tried to use the instructions from the error message and they do not work. Also I don’t see jquery.js reconnecting in the page code...
Yes, you are right, the error occurs only inside WP Bakery (the slider itself is working properly)
But another problem is that WP Bakery works only in front-end of this site. It's a new site and we're using a new for us theme called Maxcube. Perhaps this theme is designed so that WP Bakery works only in the front-end.
Since an error in page builder doesn't seem to affect the slider's work, I can just wait until your compatibility team finds a solution to this problem.
Just let me know when it will be fixed.
Thanks in advance!

July 1, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4119369

nicholas

Hi
All plugins have been included in the theme. So I need to install the theme and WPML on your WP installation. No problems.
I'll let you know when I finish.

July 1, 2019 at 2:08 pm #4119973

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

No worries, take your time 🙂

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 1, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4120475

nicholas

I don't know why but I can't reproduce the error on your demo site 🙂
Can I activate all the plugins that come with the theme?
I also used the import of demo content on my site. If plug-in activation doesn't help, should I import demo content to your site?

July 1, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4120479

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can I activate all the plugins that come with the theme?

Sure - let's do it like this. But don't import content (yet) - perhaps we are dealing with conflict with another plugin, and not only WPML/Bakery/Slider combination.

Maybe you could also add other plugins from your site and trying to figure out which one will trigger the issue - maybe there's some other plugin loading additional jQuery. You could even try this on your production website - disabling plugins one at a time to see if any of these will help the issue going away.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 1, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4120731

nicholas

Installing plugins did not change anything. But on my website I see 2 errors in the browser console, and only one on the demo site.
And I don't have any additional plugins on my site. Only Theme plugins and WPML plugins...

Maybe it will be better if I make a copy of my site using Duplicator and send it to you?
Or I even can restore it on that demo website.

July 2, 2019 at 6:31 am #4124305

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

According to that second image, it seems to be pointing to SuperFish. This is in fact a known library that is used to create menus:
hidden link

Can you tell me if you have SuperFish implemented in any of the following ways:
- through theme (perhaps custom menus)
- through any of SuperFish menu plugins

According to chrome console log, it would seem that whatever is using SuperFish is also bringing some JavaScript errors.

Have you tried disabling all the unneeded plugins and use theme like Twenty Nineteen to see if the issue is still present - specifically, if that error is appearing in the console even then.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 2, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4128335

nicholas

It turned out that the superfish is used by my theme to create the menu. But getting rid of the error in the console created by the superfish did not solve the problem with the main error.
Then I turned off all the plugins and started turning them on one by one.
Slider error appeared when the Calculated Fields Form plugin was enabled.
I changed the way of loading its scripts in the settings and the slider works now without errors.
Thank you for your support, I think we can close this ticket.

July 3, 2019 at 5:28 am #4131865

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am very glad to hear that you found the culprit and that it all works now! Marking this thread as resolved.

Regards,
Bruno Kos