This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to translate Slider Revolution?

Solution: 1. On your WordPress Dashboard navigate to Slider Revolution.

2. Choose the slider that you want to translate.

3. Click on the Slider Setting tab.

4. Click on the General Settings found on the menu to the right, then click on the Misc. tab.

5. Set the Use Multilingual Language (WPML) option to On. Don’t forget to Save the settings by clicking on the green save icon.

6. Go back to the Slide Editor tab.

7. Click on the slide that you want to translate then click on the “+” icon and choose the language you want to translate the slide into.

8. Adding a language for the selected slide

9. Click on the flag of the language you have chosen, then click on Edit Slide.

10. Add your translated text to the slide and then click the Save icon.

To translate all the slides inside the slider select the slide and repeat steps 7 to 9.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by carlottaP 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 12:23 pm #3806681

carlottaP

Ciao!
il mio sito ha 3 lingue (it/fr/en): ho realizzato le prime pagine nella lingua principale (italiano) e poi io le ho tradotte usando il comando "traduci" (e non "duplica"); ho inserito i testi in inglese e francese: ora come posso cambiare lo slider revolution presente in ogni pagina del tema? Ho 3 slider diversi per 3 lingue: ho provato ad aprire le pagine e a cambiare tutti gli slider, però non funziona (guarda lo screenshot); e ho perso tutte le correlazioni tra le pagine e non so come ripristinarle. Puoi darmi una mano?

Hi,
my site has 3 languages (it/fr/en): I made the first pages in the main language (Italian) and then I translated them using the command "translate" (and not "duplicate"); I inserted the texts in English and French: how can I change the slider revolution on each page now? I have 3 different sliders for 3 languages.
I tried to open the pages and change all the sliders, but it doesn't work (see the screenshot); and I lost all the correlations between the pages and I don't know how to restore them, can you help me?

May 14, 2019 at 4:31 pm #3809165

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support.

In fact you will only need to apply a setting inside of Slider Revolution.

Please have a look at the following deocumentation which will explain the steps in detail:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 14, 2019 at 4:42 pm #3809217

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Please let me know if you have followed our instructions on how to work with WPML and the Slider Revolution plugin?
The documentation can be found here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

Reading your description of the issue, I understand that you want a completely different slide for each language.
Is it correct?
Or maybe our documentation explains to you how to achieve what you need?
You can read our documentation at the following link to understand what to do when you need to have a different design for different languages.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

You also wrote: "..I lost all the correlations between the pages, and I don't know how to restore them..."
Do you mean that the original Italian page and is not connected to the translations anymore?
Or else please explain to me what is the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 16, 2019 at 2:17 pm #3826817

carlottaP

Thank you Itamar!
I want to insert a completely different revolution-slider for each language (but my revolution slider is not into the visual composer builder: it's into the "page option", please look attached screenshot): the only way to insert different slider is separate the pages, for example:
these 2 pages ita/en are related, but these contain the same slider:
ita: hidden link
en: hidden link

in the French page, however, I entered the French slider but I lost the correlation with ita and en pages:
fr: hidden link

the same problem happens here:

the italian page:hidden link
is NOT related to the English page hidden link
but it's related to the francais page: hidden link

I have not yet split the navigation menus in the 3 languages, but you can use the language flags in the site footer.

Please, how can I relate the 3 language versions retaining the correlation between the pages?

Thank you.

May 16, 2019 at 6:21 pm #3828877

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

When using Slider Revolution it is mandatory to create an idnividual Slider for each language:

1. On your WordPress Dashboard navigate to Slider Revolution.
2. Choose the slider that you want to translate.
3. Click on the Slider Setting tab.
4. Click on the General Settings found on the menu to the right, then click on the Misc. tab.
5. Set the Use Multilingual Language (WPML) option to On. Don’t forget to Save the settings by clicking on the green save icon.
6. Go back to the Slide Editor tab.
7. Click on the slide that you want to translate then click on the “+” icon and choose the language you want to translate the slide into.
8. Adding a language for the selected slide
9. Click on the flag of the language you have chosen, then click on Edit Slide.
10. Add your translated text to the slide and then click the Save icon.

To translate all the slides inside the slider select the slide and repeat steps 7 to 9.

I hope this solves the issue-

Kind regards
Andreas

May 19, 2019 at 8:28 am #3840973

carlottaP

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!