Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting
This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
Tagged: Translating a plugin
|September 18, 2019 at 8:25 am #4593671|
I am trying to: translate cookie bar content that is filled in the theme options. I made a translation via "string translations" but it just showing one and the same language.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
|September 19, 2019 at 1:03 am #4600415|
Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )
Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)
Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.
As far I can see you translated the strings and the issue is that the translation is not displayed on Front-End, correct?
Make sure that the theme and all plugins are using the latest version. Verifiy if this solves the issue.
If not, go to String Translation and look for the option "translate text in admin screens" which can be found at the bottom of the page.
Now check for the theme´s domain. Enlarge its view and try to locate the strings. If you find here an additional similar string for the cookie bar message, mark its checkbox and scroll to the bottom of the page in order to apply the changes.
You should now see the string when clicking on the String Translation link.
Try to translate again and let me know if it solved the issue.
In case not, please try to deactivate all plugins but WPML and its add-ons and the plugin responsible for the cookie bar.
Does the string now appear translated? If yes, start reactivating the plugins one by one or in small groups in order to determine which plugin might be causing an issue here.
If this all will not solve the issue it might be that the problem is theme related.
In this case please install the theme on the followng test-site for further compatibility tests:
One Click Login: hidden link
Leave me a short notification once you have some results or once the theme is installed for further testing.
|September 19, 2019 at 7:48 am #4602077|
My issue is resolved on my own.
I think the problem was that I changed default website language ant after that string translation languages.
After everything in theme options I inserted default (English) language for cookie content. Deleted old strings.
After that translation worked from the start.