Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 26, 2018 at 7:12 pm

jamieA-2

I am trying to:
Access the RSS feed of my category pages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The RSS feed of my category 'car'.

Instead, I got:
The following article page: hidden link

How can I make sure to always get the RSS feed?
I tried disabling WPML and the issue was solved.

Thank you.

October 29, 2018 at 4:52 pm #2858842

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @jamiea-2, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Does this issue only occur with this category? The other categories works normally? This seems to be a permalink conflict with the feedback page.

Please try the following:
- Go to Settings > Permalinks
- Set the "plain" mode and save
- Switch back to your permalink structure and save

If this does not work, you can also try to access the RSS feed using the default format (instead of permalink format): https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Feeds - E.g: hidden link

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 29, 2018 at 9:37 pm #2859602

jamieA-2

Hi Diego,

The issue occurs for all of my categories.

I tried setting the permalinks to "plain", saving and then setting them back to my custom structure, but it did not solve the issue.

If I set the permalinks to "plain" and try accessing the RSS feed using the default format, it works, but I need to be able to access it using the permalink format (because the website using the RSS feed uses the permalink format and I cannot change it).

Is there a way to make the permalink format work?

Thank you.

October 30, 2018 at 2:40 pm
October 30, 2018 at 2:41 pm #2862252

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

I've sent you some instructions to replicate your website on our server through a private message, so we can do some testing without affecting your website. Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Diego

October 30, 2018 at 8:46 pm #2863643

jamieA-2

Hi Diego,

The site has completed its migration to Cloudways.
You should be able access it now.

Let me know if you need me to do something else.

Thank you !

October 31, 2018 at 4:50 pm #2866776

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks. The migration is complete but there are some errors that are preventing me from logging in (see screenshot). Let me check if I can find a workaround to this. I'll send you feedback soon.

Regards,
Diego

November 1, 2018 at 4:47 pm #2869490

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I tried to find a workaround to access the cloned site but it's not working. Apparently there are some missing plugin files.

I also tried to access the back end of your website, but when I log in, I'm redirected to home, so I can not access the panel. Could you check this out and send us the instructions to access the WP dashboard?

Please also isntall the duplicator plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/). I'll generate a package and try to duplicate your website through it.

Kind regards,
Diego

November 1, 2018 at 6:08 pm #2869580

jamieA-2

Hi Diego,

Concerning the problem with the missing plugin files, I don't understand why this happens.
You could try to manually deactivate the TablePress plugin to see if it fixes it.
(This plugin isn't mandatory for the website to work.)

As for the log in redirecting you to the home page, it was because your user haven't been created correctly.
I don't know why, but there wasn't an auto-increment on my user table.
I fixed it and your user should be working correctly now.

I've also installed the Duplicator plugin as you asked.

Thank you.

November 2, 2018 at 1:37 pm #2872034

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Unfortunately i'm still have the same issue on your website with my user (see screenshot). I still do not have access.

However I got access on the testing website by disabling the plugins and using the main admin password (I had to change the password through the database). Some files were apparently lost in the migration (including the theme). Maybe because your site is set to multi-site.

At the test site, the RSS fields are working ok through these links:
- hidden link
- hidden link

But the same does not happen with your website:
- hidden link (redirect to the post)
- hidden link (it works)

What is weird is that all other categories redirect to the same post. E.g. hidden link

This seems to be a conflict with the permalink structure and the post permalink. At the test site I was able to reproduce the issue through this link: hidden link

I deleted the post and to my surprise it still try to redirect to the post and get a "err_too_many_redirects" error (see screenshot).

if I use the same permalink structure with WPML deactivated, the same error occurs. So the issue is not related to WPML. You can check on this link: hidden link - WPML is disabled on the test site and the same issue occurs. So this seems to be related with a permalink structure conflict.

Changing to a different permalink structure solved the issue at my end. Could you please test with a different permalink structure?

Regards,
Diego