Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 19, 2017 at 1:00 am #1300563

mohamedl

I am trying to: get the site rtl and ltr switch (theme supports RTL) between language, but i want it to change the logo and maybe other images that might be translated

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: different logos when switching languages

Instead, I got: same image on both site

Steps to duplicate the issue:

June 19, 2017 at 12:30 pm #1301006

Bruno

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

It depends on how your theme was done. Some themes allow you to configure the logos individually within the theme options page by switching the language using the top bar. Have you tried this on your site?

If not, please follow the steps below:

- Go to the theme's options page
- On the top bar, switch the language
- Upload the secondary logo
- On the front-end, is the image displayed correctly in each language?

After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

June 20, 2017 at 2:50 pm #1302100

mohamedl

hi

well when i change the language and do it it just keeps the same pic for all sites
heres the link : hidden link

I've sent few screenshots

June 20, 2017 at 10:07 pm #1302372

Bruno

Hi,

You will probably need to use custom coding to make the logos different.

Please, could you post the contents of the header.php file inside the folder of your theme so I can see?

If the code is too large, you can use pastebin.com to add the code.

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

June 21, 2017 at 3:39 pm #1302936

mohamedl

thanks for the reply

the header file html
https://pastebin.com/LagVMPSX

tried with two themes and both keep the same image, is it possible to use media translation ?
thanks

June 21, 2017 at 5:37 pm #1303030

Bruno

Hello,

Thank you. The WPML Media keeps the image synchronized with the secondary languages, but to display the image as you want, you need two different images - one for each language.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

June 22, 2017 at 12:32 pm #1303627

Bruno

Hi,

From what I've noticed, your theme uses String Translation to add the logo to the secondary language.

However, it looks like you have registered the image in English with the "-ar.png" image. So it is not working properly. I've changed the language of the string to add the English version.

Since the site is in English as a native language, another option should be to add the main logo in English so that it can be translated into other languages - and convert the string back to English.

Please, could you check if your website is working properly?

Thank you.

June 22, 2017 at 2:26 pm #1303762

mohamedl

i just saw a youtube video to try to fix it myself, since it was taking time,

so i was just playing aoround to see if its works, also will this work for the retina version of the logo as well ??

thanks

June 22, 2017 at 3:39 pm #1303827

Bruno

Hello,

If your theme allows you to add a retina logo, the steps should probably be the same.

After uploading the retina logo, in WPML > String Translation you must add the URL of the translated retina logo.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.