This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by amnonR 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 4:16 pm #4045183

amnonR

I am trying to:
Hi! I'm working on a ML web English/Hebrew.
The development is with Oceanwp theme (adapted for RTL with a child theme). I'm also using Elementor Pro and Toolset.
I've been translating pages, templates and other elements. However, I'm encountering 2 main issues so far that I can't tackle:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: sorry, working on a localhost :/

I expected to see:
1) When selected, I expect to see the Hebrew version with RTL styles assigned to it :).
My guess: as I could see in the source code, for some reason the call to language_attributes is not inserting the dir attributes, only the lang. Therefore… no RTL.css is retrieved.

2) The hebrew version when I select it
For some reason when I switch to Hebrew in most pages –except for one– the web shows the HE version only for a few secs before coming back automatically to the EN (original) version of the website.
I only have the HE version for a few seconds!

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

June 20, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4062299

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

For issue #1 - The theme states that it supports RTL. Is this happening on all content? For example, if you create content in a page (not using Elementor), does the issue happen?

For issue #2, this may be caused by a conflict. Do you use redirection? Is browser redirection enabled in WPML -> Languages?

To rule out conflicts, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyNineteen. With these settings, are the issues resolved?

If so, then activate each plugin one at a time to see if we can isolate the issue. Then activate the theme, and test again.

Please let me know the results.

July 6, 2019 at 4:03 pm #4156081

amnonR

Thanks Lauren. I somehow managed to solve it on my own after moving the site from the localhost to a hosting.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!