This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 3:38 pm

mahmoodH-3

I am trying to: translate Newspaper9 theme in RTL but its not translate all element with responsive issues

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:Header & Footer not moving with RTL, also responsive issues coming with RTL (hidden link)

I expected to see: Please help me to solve this RTL issues

Screensort :
1. hidden link
2. hidden link
3. hidden link

May 13, 2019 at 9:31 pm #3801739

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

The header and footer of your site will need to be translated with String Translation. Please locate the strings and translate them.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Let me know if this also solved the right-to-left issue.
https://wpml.org/2011/12/adding-rtl-support-for-theme/

Further, the Logo is based on the theme options and can be translated with String Translation as well. Please go to WPML -> String Translation and select the option "translate strings in admin screens" at the bottom of the screen.

Now, search for the correct domain of your currently used theme.

Locate string for the the logo/image URL. It might also appear with an ID. Mark the checkbox for the string, scroll to the bottom and apply your selection.

The string is now available on String Translation. If you are using the same logo simply translate the same ID or URL.
In case the Logo has an ID you will need to replace it with a different image you will find the correct ID for the replacing image inside your Media section. It is visible inside the browser address line once you entered the images attachment page.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 15, 2019 at 5:32 am #3812349

mahmoodH-3

I did everything via String Translation. But till my header and footer not solve. Also the responsive issues till there. Can you please help me how to solve it asap. I need to urgently.

May 15, 2019 at 5:38 pm #3819161

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please add the Newspaper theme and your Child theme to the following test site in order to test it for compatiblity?

One Click Login: hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the theme is installed.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 15, 2019 at 5:56 pm #3819265

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Additional to my last message. I have installed the latest version 9.1 of the Newspaper Theme on the test site.

The header and footer do behave as expected on this installation. Please update your theme or change to the default Newspaper theme to check if the issue is related to the Child theme.

If not, please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists.

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 16, 2019 at 3:23 am #3821453

mahmoodH-3

As you install the theme in sandbox url that also having responsive issues. Can you check after demo import is it work or not. I did all plugins deactivate and only add WPML. But its same issues showing.

Please help me to solve it asap. Client asking me badly.

May 16, 2019 at 9:46 pm #3829497

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can realize that on the test sandbox the Logo will not change properly on Arabaic. Every further element behaves proper on the new installation when it comes to RTL.

I am not sure why some content bahaves different on your site and I tried to run the site in minimal setup. The issue not related to any plugin and RTL works proper with a default theme like TwentySeventeen. Did you apply any custom coding to the default Newspaper theme?

I am currently escalating the logo issue to our compatibility team and I am waiting for your reply in order to be able to recreate the issue on your site.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

May 16, 2019 at 9:50 pm #3829503

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Additional to my last message could you try to take a copy of your site and set it to default language arabic? Afterwards disable all plugins. Does the header and footer still not visualize correctly? In this case please try a new installation of the theme, which worked on my test.

Our compatibility team will investigate about the logo issue but on your site I can see that the footer does not behave correct. Sadly, I am not able to escalate this problem as I can not recreate the same behavior on a new installation.

Could you give me some more information about if you applied custom coding to the template?

Kind regards
Andreas

May 17, 2019 at 7:34 am #3831825

mahmoodH-3

As per your details let me try to a copy of new installation. And also for your query no we don't use any custom code there.

May 17, 2019 at 10:19 pm #3837207

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

As far I can recreate that the logo issue inside of the header and footer is a theme issue and will need to be fixed inside the theme directly. I would kindly like to ask you contact the theme support regarding this issue.

Take a look at the test-site. It is running currently without WPML and with Arabic as default language. The logo of the header and the footer is showing up on the left, when it shoudl be displayed on the right. This is not an WPML issue.

One Click Login: hidden link

Now, enable WPML on the test site and check the Arabic page. there are not any changes on the layout. The theme behaves normal with WPML.

I am not sure why you are having issues with the footer on your site but I am consulting internally about it and I will get back to you on Monday. t might be that the issue is related to another plugin, like WPBakery as example. Make sure to update it to the latest version and let me know if the issue perists.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 20, 2019 at 11:21 pm #3850575

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am writing you to let you know that our second tier has additionally revised your site.

We did not spot any issue related to WPML. Please reach out to the theme support for further assistance.

We hope for your understanding.

Kind regards
Andreas