This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.17 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
February 25, 2019 at 2:23 pm #3240278

Andric

I am trying to:

edit translations from the back end

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

only when having access

I expected to see:

the translated page in the editor

Instead, I got:

Safari/firfox/chroom error messages

February 25, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3240491

Andric

It happens when hitting the button below

February 26, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3244701

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Andric,

Have you tried to deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML and see if you still have this problem? Also, is this happening when using a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen)? These info will help me narrow the things that might cause this issue.

Regards,
Radu

March 3, 2019 at 8:57 am #3265805

Andric

Yes I did. I also updated the SSL certificate. And it appears in all browsers i can test it in.
The issue has to do with to many redirects and not secured connections? Please see attached images. I realy want to solve this issue fast as we cannot access our translations. The complex work arround is going through the divi front end editor and copy in the stranslation url and by swithcing back and forth to the "old" translation interface...

Perhaps it is good to know that we have set our translation structure to "A different domain per language " and we use wp-rocket and the cloudflare services. We have also tested without these services, and by clearing cache and all coockies still we got the same result.

Please have some one look into it carefully and adequately. If you need backend access please let me know. Thank you

March 3, 2019 at 9:06 am #3265806

Andric

Here are the screen shots

and this is an example of the url its refering to:
hidden link

The website information of the browers all explain that it is a non secured connection allthough all ssl settings are correctly implemented so we are informed by both our service provider and by cloudflare.

March 3, 2019 at 9:13 am #3265863

Andric

here is another url it is actually looking for where the problem accures:

hidden link

March 3, 2019 at 10:05 am #3265926

Andric

For your information.

Our work arround for making a new translation of an English page is to:
hit the pencil button in the pages overview,
ignore the error messages of the browers,
go back into the backend,
go back to the english page,
hit the gear icon of the new translation (yes it is there),
open the front end editor of divi that opens the te be translated page,
hit save,
exit the front end builder,
go back into the backend,
switch the language selector to the the orginal language,
hit the gear button again in the required page,

and than the classic translation editor opens (finaly). Although we have set the translation editor to the new interface.

At the same time this wpml message appears in the backend: " You activated the Advanced Translation Editor for this site, but you are updating an old translation. WPML opened the Standard Translation Editor, so you can update this translation. When you translate new content, you'll get the Advanced Translation Editor with all its features. To change your settings, go to WPML Settings. "

March 4, 2019 at 9:20 am #3267614

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Andric,

I'm glad to hear that you found a way to create the translations. However, we should see why do you get that error message when trying to translate the page in the first place, without having to do all these extra steps. Can you give me access to the dashboard area, please? This way I'll be able to have a look at the settings and check things out a bit closer.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Safari browser error to many redirects when trying to access translations’ is closed to new replies.