Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 10, 2020 at 3:41 pm #6986743

sebastiaanF

We had for some time a sale on one of our products. That sale has ended, but on the translated page the sale price is still up.

Original Language: hidden link
Translated Language: hidden link

Steps I have taken to solve the issue:
WooCommerce Multilingual > Troubleshooting > Sync products variations, Sync product stock quantity and status ( synchronizing min stock between translations )

Problem is still not solved. This issue is on three products only.

September 11, 2020 at 5:49 pm #6996377

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please update the product in the default language after a minor edit in the contents. Then update the translation and check is there any difference in the result.

We have released a new version of WPML recently it has included major changes and new features. So if the issue exists, please upgrade to the latest version of WPML(4.4.2 series) and WooCommerce(4.5.1) after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not. Refer to the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/changelog/2020/09/wpml-4-4-0-major-improvements-for-string-translation-automatic-translation-and-more/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 12, 2020 at 7:49 am #6998469

sebastiaanF

Hi Bigul,

I updated both Woocommerce and WPML, the issue still persists.

September 12, 2020 at 5:40 pm #6999815

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 14, 2020 at 9:11 am #7006569

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. Please try the following steps after a site backup and check is there any difference in the result.

1) Go to WPML>>Settings
2) Scroll down *Custom Fields Translation* section
3) Click on *Show systems fields* link
4) Search for *_stock*
5) Choose *Don't translate* option for *_stock* field & save the changes
6) Scroll down to *Post Types Translation* section
7) Choose *Translatable - only show translated items* option for *Products* post type and Save the changes
8) Open product for edit - hidden link
9) Make a minor change in the contents to refresh the translation settings and update the product
10) Update the translation

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 15, 2020 at 6:26 am #7014871

sebastiaanF

Hi Bigul,

I followed your instructions, issue is unfortunately still there.
After updating translation, I set the _stock back to copy and updated the translation again, but still no luck.

September 15, 2020 at 2:39 pm #7018851

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Just to make sure, how many products are having this error now.

The *Magdalene Grid Unisex T-shirt* product is translated manually and the WPML Translation Editor option is disabled for it. So please try the following steps and check is there any difference in the result.

1) Open product for edit - hidden link
2) Make a minor change in the contents to refresh the translation settings and update the product
3) Visit WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilinugal>>Products dashboard
4) Search for the Product
5) Click the Pencil icon
6) Update the translation

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 15, 2020 at 3:09 pm #7019123

sebastiaanF

Hi Bigul,

The method you mentioned doesn't work.
It only affects 3 products and I have used the classic manual translator for years.

I did solve the issue in a different way, but I'm not sure what the consequences will be for synchronization.

I simply removed the readonly element in the HTML so the sale price field becomes unlocked. I removed the sales price and saved the changes.

September 15, 2020 at 5:53 pm #7020359

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Normally the price will be sync to secondary language from the default language Product. So we don't have to modify it from secondary language products.

Just to make sure, have you fixed this issue for all the three products? Does it happen randomly?

It may be a miss configuration in the database. Do you have a backup after having this issue? So we can troubleshoot the bug using backup without affecting the live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 17, 2020 at 7:38 am #7033461

sebastiaanF

Hi Bigul,

I have fixed it for all three products by modifying the secondary language.
I believe it happened randomly, but we hardly use the sale option in Woocommerce.

Our server makes 7 backups a day and keeps them for up to two months.
They're DirectAdmin backups, so I'm not sure if that would be of any use for you.

Let me know.

Best,
Sebastiaan

September 17, 2020 at 11:51 am #7036293

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thank you for the feedback. Is it possible to restore one of the backups to a staging environment. For example the backup on SEPTEMBER 14 or 13(the one before fixing the issue manually).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 21, 2020 at 5:44 am #7055821

sebastiaanF

Hi Bigul,
We use the WP Staging plugin, on which the bug is still present.
It's probably harder to debug, but might be worth a shot.

If you make a protected form I can give you a new login link.

September 21, 2020 at 10:16 am #7058209

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thank you for the updates. I am enabling the private option for the next reply. Please share the credentials to access the staging site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 22, 2020 at 10:17 am #7067713

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thank you for the updates. The issue is existing on the staging site in a minimal setup. But during my test, the default language product's price is changed somehow. Please visit the following URL.

hidden link

Therefore I have a request. Please share the URL of the other two Products having the similar issue. Not able to find it exactly.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 22, 2020 at 4:07 pm #7071609

sebastiaanF

Hi Bigul,

I checked the link and I can see it too that the original language price also changed. That's quite strange.

The other products having this issue:
hidden link

hidden link