Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
December 20, 2013 at 8:02 am #311292

jin woo

I have tried to find some of them about it but I can't really make it.

I have total 3 post types (custom-post1, custom-post2, post)
We are trying 2 custom-posts(it's in English) to show for All languages pages. the custom-posts should be in English on all of other languages even if it's in French language.

How can I set it up?

Is it also possible to translate only category names? even if the custom-posts are in 1 language (all language pages).

Thanks,

December 20, 2013 at 9:21 am #311330

jin woo

on French language list, it lists ok. but when I click a post, it goes to English post page. I have checked the permalink and it's default link (English one).

Do I just have to find a way to change permalink for french? and it shows the default language posts on single page? this is not easy to explain.

anyway, please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,

December 20, 2013 at 10:34 am #311395

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Please follow this guide for custom post types: http://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-custom-types/

Thanks.

December 22, 2013 at 11:10 pm #312078

jin woo

thanks for your link,
I have already done with the register custom-post. and it already shows on the multilingual setting for custom post and custom taxonomy. (I setup "do not translate". is it right for me?)
but on the list page of the custom-posts, the permalinks are not correct to link to French..it's all to English single page.

for the detail information, let's say ...
this is default English link
abc.com/custom-post/single-post-permarlink.
and let's say this is French link
abc.com/fr/custom-post/single-post-permarlink.

on the French archive list, the links all default (English) ones. not French permarlinks.
how can make French permarlink on custom-post list (archive) in French?

the single page (custom-post-type) translates fine. I only need to make the link for French.

Thanks,

December 23, 2013 at 5:14 am #312119

Dat Hoang

Hello

I have already done with the register custom-post. and it already shows on the multilingual setting for custom post and custom taxonomy. (I setup "do not translate". is it right for me?)

Could you take a screenshot here?

Which theme are you using? Could you give me the content of code that you define custom-post-1, custom-post-2,... ?

Could I see your website's link?

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] same custom-posts / category in all languages.’ is closed to new replies.