Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelam-5 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 18, 2019 at 8:51 pm

michaelam-5

I am trying to: Hi 🙂 I have uploaded an image to my WordPress site header, and am trying to use WPML Media Translation to put another image into other languages on my site header. But the "save Media Translation" button is white and I can not push it even after enter the second image or translated the alt text.
To solve the problem I have:
disabled all plugins one by one, and tried to use Media Translation after. But no plugin seems to solve the problem.
And I have increased my wp-memory-limit to 256M.
But it is still not working.
Please help.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: different images on different translated pages

Instead, I got: The same English image on all translations

October 18, 2019 at 9:31 pm
October 18, 2019 at 9:33 pm #4785517

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

I have tested the login credentials again and I was not able to successfully log in.

Here is my IP if needed to be whitelisted:

October 19, 2019 at 7:33 am #4786867

michaelam-5

OMG sorry I forgot to save after I created a new password yesterday 🙂
here is the password, now it should be working

[removed]

October 19, 2019 at 7:51 am #4786881

michaelam-5

oh i don't know if that message was private. I chance the the password again. And will send you the new one when you reply again

October 21, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4796741

Bobby
Supporter

I have enabled your next reply to be private 🙂

October 22, 2019 at 6:23 pm
October 22, 2019 at 8:41 pm #4805411

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

I was able to make a staging environment to further test this issue.

Please go to Plugins->Deactivate "Easy Blocks – Gutenberg Blocks Page Builder" and "
IEX Integration for WooCommerce", then let me know your results.

After deactivating the "Easy Blocks – Gutenberg Blocks Page Builder" and "IEX Integration for WooCommerce" plugin the issue was resolved.

October 22, 2019 at 8:47 pm #4805421

michaelam-5

Ok thank you. Should I deactivate them when I make Media Translations and the activate them again after translation in the future?

October 22, 2019 at 9:03 pm #4805643

michaelam-5

Now, I did it. At it seems to work fine on images in product categories. But the image on the header is not showing at all on the translated pages....

October 23, 2019 at 7:35 pm #4814261

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Are you referring to the "Natural and Healthy" image that is being added through
Customize->Header Media?

It seems that the Header Media is not taking effect in the secondary languages.

To test this I created a private page with the specific media within it and translated it to the rest of the languages and the image is showing as expected.

hidden link

1. Update your Theme to the latest version available as your using an outdated version at the moment

2. If possible please contact your theme author and let me know their response as they do know their code best.

Let me know your results after you update the theme version, please.

October 23, 2019 at 8:40 pm #4814601

michaelam-5

Hi again
This is getting really frustrating for me. Yes I am referring to the natural and healthy image.
I have now uploadet it again and made the translations again. But it shows only the English picture on all translations.
I don't understand what you have done with the private test media page???
When I go on the translated sites it is showing in English only.
Som of the category images do not show on the translated pages at all.
How do I contact the theme author?
See the first pic is the English there are 3 category images. and the danish and German have not all category images and all headers are in English

October 23, 2019 at 8:42 pm #4814671

michaelam-5

oh year and I don't know what you mean "Update your Theme to the latest version available as your using an outdated version at the moment"
All my plugins are updated nearly every day

October 24, 2019 at 1:05 am #4815191

Bobby
Supporter

I believe the issue should be resolved now.

1. Go to WPML->String Translation->Filter by domain "admin_texts_theme_mods_flash-pro"

2. Find the string "[theme_mods_flash-pro]header_image" which is the URL used for the image in your header.

3. Translate the URL using the correct URL for both the German and Danish media as you can see, this is what I have done in my screenshot.

NOTE: I was referring to your theme version which is 2.2.9 and the latest version is 2.3.2

October 27, 2019 at 10:07 am #4833955

michaelam-5

Hello again 🙂
I am soon going crazy here.
Now I have updated my theme to the newest version. Thank you for making me aware of that.
But the problem is unfortunately still the same or even worse, acutely.
Some moth ago when I was putting an image in the header, there was no problem putting other images in the translations. I think I made it by putting the URL of the translated image inside the string translation of main image (English). No problem finding the string.
But now with the new image I could not find the string, therefore I installed the "media translation" plugin.
Today I have put the image on my site several times and deleted them again because it did not work. And now if I delete the images from my site it does not delete from the "media translation" and I can not find the image in "string translation" either. to put in the URLs.
There is something seriously wrong with my site.
Why can can you put in translated images in my header but not me????