This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 8:58 am #4160371

ivanA-5

Hi,

I have a client with 4 languages and 12000 products (in each language). Updating a product at main language is very slow. Sometimes times takes like 1 minute. Another times, 15/20/30 seconds. With WPML innactive takes 3/5 seconds. Can I give you access for you can check and help us to find what is happening? What info do you need from us?

I was trying send to you the debug information, buy it shows:
"Remote XML configuration log is empty". How can I generate the log?

Best regards,
Rui

July 8, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4164421

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

First, please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

If this doesn't show us anything helpful, then let's try this. Try deactivating all non WPML plugins (except for WooCommerce, so just WPML and WooCommerce plugins active) and test to see if the issue is happening. This will help us determine if there is a plugin conflict that could be causing the issue. If the product saves with these settings, activate the rest of the plugins one at a time to see if you can reproduce the issue.

As for debug info, this link can walk you through how to add the debug info: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

July 17, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4231231

ivanA-5

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I was testing.

My replies to your suggestions:

1,2,3:
No relevant logs. The site have generated some errors and I have disabled the plugins that write that errors.

I disabled all plugins, test again, products save in 18 seconds. So I found that the issue of the 1 minute saving product was related to a export of wp all export plugin. I will replace this plugin.

Now, the products are updating in 18/20 seconds. For my client this is too much.

We have checked the queries of wpml on save product and have a lot and big queries with 4/6 seconds each one, when saving a product.

Debug information:
https://pastebin.com/Na8CAB4q

What info do you need more?
If you need, I can give you access to the tests server.

Waiting for your feedback.

Best regards,
Rui Parente

July 17, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4231277

Lauren
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

July 17, 2019 at 6:53 pm #4233033

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for sending credentials. I can see that with minimal settings in your dev site, the WooCommerce Product update is slow. I also see that I can't get the WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status tab to load. I am escalating this to our performance debugging team so that they can take a look. I'll update here as soon as I have more information. Thanks for your patience.

July 17, 2019 at 9:29 pm #4233593

ivanA-5

Hi Lauren,

Ok, take your time to analyze that.
Yes, the WooCommerce Multilingual status is a issue that I can't understand why is not working, I have found this problem some weeks ago.
I will be waiting your feedback.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Rui Parente

July 18, 2019 at 5:51 am #4235119

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

I would like to continue with your case.

I just took a time measure while updating a product with WPML (30.2s) and without (8.61s) and I can see that something is happening there.

As Lauren mentioned, I also couldn't access to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status and I have the impression that there is a PHP error beneath but as I don't access to the right folder in your SFTP, it has not been possible to check that information.

1. Could you please provide me or allow to make a Duplicator copy of your site to move it to our servers and check that this is not a server issue related?

2. I also would like to know more about your environment, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us, the link you previously provided is a bit hard to read. 🙂
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you for your help.

July 18, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4240239

Andrés
Supporter

Thanks Rui!

I tried to migrate your site with Duplicator and All in one Migration plugins but both failed. It seems that you have a big database and your server is not able to handle this process correctly. It also could be related to the performance issue reported.

So far, I recommend you to increase your WP Memory to 512M as I don't have access to your FTP, it may help a bit.

Let's try to migrate your site to another of our servers and check if we can continue there. I have sent you the instructions on the previous private reply.

Thanks again for your help!

July 19, 2019 at 8:30 am #4244895

ivanA-5

Hi Andrés,

I already start the migration with Cloudways WordPress Migrator.

Let's see if will work this way. I reply you again when is finished.

Thanks,
Rui

July 19, 2019 at 1:49 pm #4246801

ivanA-5

Hi Andrés,

5 hours exporting with Cloudways WordPress Migrator and it's failed now!

"Oh no! It seems a problem has occurred while migrating your site to Cloudways. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Kindly contact us as soon as possible via live chat for a satisfactory resolution of the problem.
Sincerely,
The Cloudways Team"

Can you give me SSH access to one of your servers? I can transfer all the files from one server to yours with SSH.

Thanks,
Rui

July 19, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4247087

Andrés
Supporter

Thanks for your heads up, Rui. It is the same situation I got yesterday using other migration plugins. Something is blocking the migration from your server.

Unfortunately, I can't provide you our SSH credentials but let's try the following, could you please send us a downloadable link with your database and /wp-content/ files in the next private message? You can omit your /uploads/ folder.

Thank you again for your help,
Andrés

July 22, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4259789

Andrés
Supporter

Thank you Rui. This may take a while, so I'll keep you updated of any progress.

July 23, 2019 at 10:51 am #4265269

ivanA-5

Ok Andrés, I will be waiting, thanks.

Best regards,
Rui

July 24, 2019 at 11:07 am #4273655

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Rui,

After several tests in our performance server we can see a slight difference coming from the server. These are the results we have:
- 29s with WPML
- 6.31 without WPML
- 14.06 2016 theme + WPML + WooCommerce
As you can see, there is a 2s difference without WPML, 8.61s vs 6.31s in ours. Regarding this, we recommend you to provide more resources to your current server.

On the other hand, we also detect some queries coming from WPML String Translation that will be improved in our next release. That, plus a server with more resources should make the difference.

I'll mark this ticket as "Fix in next release" and I'll keep you updated as soon as our new performance version is released.

Thank you for your help and understanding during this process.
Regards

August 14, 2019 at 8:17 am #4393255

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Rui,

We just released our new WPML beta which is performance focus. Could you please make a full backup of your site and try it, preferably in your test site?
https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/

Do you see any improvement?

Regards,
Andrés