If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
January 4, 2019 at 5:17 am #3055293

dallasC

After i finish translating my Gravity Form, I click 'save and close' but the spinner spins endlessly and never completes. if i cancel out of the screen I see that the job remains as 'waiting for translator'.

I have already deactivated other plugins and switched themes and the issue persists. I have read many posts from people with the same issue and I have not found any resolution.

January 4, 2019 at 5:29 am #3055320

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Welcome to our forum, I will be handling your ticket.

It might be due to some JS error or the ajax saving is interrupted which I'm not sure. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue.

Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behavior?

I would also require your permission to test and debug the issue. Let me know if that is OK with you.

Recommended : Backup your site and database, Please don't ignore

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

*Important: Be sure to backup your site and database first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like. You can use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best Regards,
Raja

January 4, 2019 at 9:42 am #3055679

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry, my user permission does not allow me to access or create a new job, can you please assign the translation job to my user id or make the user as translation manager.

Regards,
Raja

January 4, 2019 at 7:17 pm #3057796

dallasC

Hi Raja,

Thanks for the response.

I added you as a translation manager and as a translator. I also resigned from the job so you can take it over.

Thanks,
Dallas

January 7, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3062593

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access, I have tested the site it seems like the "save and close option" is failing with a 500 error which means some error was encountered while saving.

To find out which plugin or broken code is causing that error you need to tell WordPress to write errors into a log file or to show them on the screen instead of showing just the 500 error.

You can enable the WordPress debug mode by editing a few lines in the wp-config.php file of your WordPress installation.

To enable debugging mode in WordPress, follow these steps:
- Login to cPanel or log in to your site via FTP
- Use the cPanel File Manager or your FTP client to edit the file wp-config.php
- Add the lines below to the wp-config.php or if they already exist just change their values:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After reloading the website all errors will be written into the file debug.log which is located in the folder: wp-content/debug.log

P.s: I Am unable to list or access the directories using FTP details.

January 7, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3064268

dallasC

Hi,
I have enabled logging in wp-config. I can send you the correct FTP creds. Is this form public facing?
Thanks,
Dallas

January 8, 2019 at 3:27 pm #3067646

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Dallas,

I have enabled the private fields for your next reply kindly share the details there The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Best regards
Raja

January 9, 2019 at 7:31 am #3070009

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

It seems like the issue is happening only with Gravity forms I have tested a page with page builder which works fine, The string is either missing or not configured properly, or the theme might have some interaction issue. which I am not sure about it. I might require more information about the issue to give you a detailed solution.

To understand and resolve it soon, I have created a test website with a clean WordPress install.
You can access it through this link:
hidden link

Through this link, you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload your Gravity forms plugin to this test install and setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options). Please note that we only need the Gravity Forms plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to set up an entire website or clone your existing site. Kindly add a test form and try to translate it using translation management let me know if you can reproduce the same issue.

Ps: WPML plugins are already installed, If gravity form multilingual is missing kindly install and activate it, kindly activate and configure them.

Best Regards,
Raja

January 21, 2019 at 9:17 pm #3114112

dallasC

My site was broken into and the root folder deleted from the server after the WPML hack. As such I will not be able to test this st the moment. I would like to keep this open for now.

January 22, 2019 at 7:29 am #3114976

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Dallas,

Can you please clarify what actually happened it is a hack into your site? The recent incidents in WPML didn't affect the plugins. Can you please check your logs to identify the root cause of your site root deleted. I'm reporting this issue to our system admin.

I will be awaiting your response.
Best Regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Saving never completes when I click 'Save and Close' after translating’ is closed to new replies.