This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.33 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 9, 2018 at 7:58 am #2045376

kateS-5

I am trying to:
Scan my theme for strings

When I scan selected theme for strings, I have a 500 error in Chrome browser console.

All plugins are disabled except WPML and WooCommerce.

I can scan the default theme 'twentyseventeen' without any problems so I know the issue is theme related but no idea how to fix. The theme I am using is a custom theme created by a third party.

May 10, 2018 at 9:14 am #2068321

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Since you mentioned that the issue is theme related and is a custom theme, it seems it's not compatible with WPML. Since custom theme doesn't apply to our compatibility program, I will try my best to solve the issue.

Could you please perform the below steps and share me the results?

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 10, 2018 at 9:39 am #2068673

kateS-5

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached an image as the debug log contains lots of code tags.

May 10, 2018 at 10:24 am #2069547

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for the details.

It seems there is some fatal error which is creating the issue, to further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues need some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Scan theme for strings 500 error’ is closed to new replies.