This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: translated the a number of products (about 30) and then I translated the main start page. Then I went into WPML settings and saw a notice about that there was new translated content created and something about "do you want to scan strings to configure and change all the connections and links?" I said yes and now it is "Scanning strings.. 510 of 22590 done..."

Is this normal?

Solution:This is normal. This means when you create new products some new fields are created. These might be attributes, variations, etc.. As long as you do not see any translations issue by not scanning all the strings is NOT an issue because 22590 is not just from the products. WPML indicates all the string are from themes, plugins, products and more..

If you want to scan them all for translation you can go to WPML > Theme and Plugin localizations and scan them selectively or all but it's better if you do not do this until you really needs it because this will increase the size of your database and you site may get bit slower as the system will get many strings to scan and process every-time.

So no worries for now!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by staffanW 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 7:37 pm #4556253

staffanW

I have translated the a number of products (about 30) and then I translated the main start page. Then I went into WPML settings and saw a notice about that there was new translated content created and something about "do you want to scan strings to configure and change all the connections and links?"
I said yes and now it is "Scanning strings.. 510 of 22590 done..."

Is this normal?
Is wpml going to scan all the files in the whole server every time I update a page?

September 12, 2019 at 8:50 am #4559475

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

This is normal.
This means when you create new products some new fields are created.
These might be attributes, variations, etc..
As long as you do not see any translations issue by not scanning all the strings is NOT an issue because 22590 is not just from the products.
WPML indicates all the string are from themes, plugins, products and more..

If you want to scan them all for translation you can go to WPML > Theme and Plugin localizations and scan them selectively or all but it's better if you do not do this until you really needs it because this will increase the size of your database and you site may get bit slower as the system will get many strings to scan and process every-time.

So no worries for now!

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 12, 2019 at 6:19 pm #4563983

staffanW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!