Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 4, 2020 at 11:42 am #6052985

hussainB

Hi,

I am using the Scheduled Sale Manager for WooCommerce to create sales campaigns. Right now i am interested in creating a campaign to give free shipping on all jewelry offers, but only on selected languages and countires. I have set it up on our staging site, but the campaigns are valid for the whole site, because wpml is not an option on the campaign site.
Do I need to approve a stringtranslation somewhere for it to work?

May 6, 2020 at 2:44 am #6065913

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

In order to set free shipping on all jewelry offers, but only on selected languages and countires you will need to adjust this at WooCommerce -> Settings -> Shipping.

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/free-shipping/

Now, no matter if clients are on a German or Englsih Website, the shipping will be free if the shipping address includes a country, which in WooCommerce is set as shipping free zone.

Now, in most cases WPML will translate the strings on the checkout automatically, as WooCommerce comes with many language files, but indeed, if you need to make any adjustments here, you will need to use String Translation in order to translate the strings.

Simply verify how the "Free shipping" string appears on Front-End and then use the text search filed of String Translation while marking "exact search". You should be able to locate the strings this way.

If not, please reach out again and I can assist you with this.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 6, 2020 at 10:59 am #6069519

hussainB

Hi Andreas,

So i managed to create a free shipping coupon that should offer free shipping when purchasing products within the category Jewelry. And also i set up a new shipping method (only for shipping zone Europe 1 as a test).

But when testing it, it still applies to all countries.

I also did find the string, but what should i do with the translations of it?

Kind regards,
Camilla

May 6, 2020 at 8:45 pm #6074553

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello Camilla,

Which is the plugin used for this coupon? Is it WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO?

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

1) Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WooCommerce, the shipping coupon and WPML and its add-ons.

It the issue persists please reach out to me at this point.

2) If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Let me know if you are not able to do those tests.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Scheduled Sale Manager for WooCommerce and WPML’ is closed to new replies.