Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
November 30, 2017 at 11:19 am #1445703

yaronK-3

Hello,
when i'm clicking on the homepage search bar of the hebrew version, hidden link i'm getting some sort of error, it look like this: hidden link .
the search options opens but the page goes white and stuck.
please assist
thanks,
yaron

December 3, 2017 at 7:59 pm #1448024

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi, Yaron.

I can see the problem on your site.
It looks like some JS glitch that concerns RTL, but currently, I'm not 100% sure about it.
Tomorrow I'll be able to consult our second tier supporter about this issue and reply to you here.

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 4, 2017 at 8:58 am #1448195

yaronK-3

thanks Itamar, looking forward your reply on this
regards
Yaron

December 4, 2017 at 4:01 pm #1448815

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Yaron.

It was hard for us to track the issue because when we inspect the page, it seems that your theme is based on many 'fixed' elements (CSS wise). We think that this issue is not related to WPML but an RTL issue. The test for it will be to turn Hebrew as the default language of the site and deactivate WPML. If the problem persists, then it is not coming from WPML. So to debug the issue further, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved.
Please, allow me to disable/enable plugins and change the theme if needed.
If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.
For this, I'll need to install the Duplicator plugin on your site.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
Maybe I'll also install the ARI Adminer plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/ari-adminer/) to check the DB of your site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields, this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 5, 2017 at 10:09 am #1449432

Itamar
Supporter

OK, Yaron and thanks for this information it really can save time and frustration.
Otto is in a different time zone, so I've left him a message to return to me on this issue when he is available (probably in the next couple of hours).

Thanks,
Itamar.

December 5, 2017 at 10:32 am #1449447

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, I've talked to Otto.
He only reproduced the issue that he is handling for you with your theme and didn't actually made a copy of your site.
So since you say that there problems with the Duplicator plugin, I want to see if I can reproduce the problem only with your theme.
Please tell me the following?
Is the search bar on your homepage an integral feature of your theme or is it an added plugin?

December 5, 2017 at 11:35 am #1449556

yaronK-3

Hi Itamar
the search bar is an integral part of the theme.
as far as i can see its JS or ajax powered (i might be wrong here) and can be located on the server.
if you want to replicate my site internally i can send you the theme files (and db if you want) to install on your end.
let me know if you need my assistance
regards,
yaron

December 5, 2017 at 11:50 am #1449585

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Let's start with only the theme (Listingpro).
I want to check if on a clean WordPress installation in Hebrew and without WPML the problem is reproducible.
I've just downloaded it from your site, and I'll try to reproduce the issue.
I'll keep you updated here.

Thank you for your patience,
Itamar.

December 5, 2017 at 12:49 pm #1449681

yaronK-3

thanks Itamar
i look forward you reply 🙂

December 5, 2017 at 10:19 pm #1450290

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Yaron.

I've checked your theme on a clean WordPress installation on my local server.
Here is what I did.
1. I've added your them activated it and went through the process of setting it up (installing add-ons and dummy content).
2. I've added Hebrew as a language to the site with WPML and created a Hebrew page.
3. In theme options, I've activated the header search bar.
4. I deactivated WPML and its add-ons.
Please see attached screenshot wpml-off.png
5. I accessed the Hebrew page and pressed one of the fields to get the select options.
The page turned white like it happened when WPML was activated.
Please see attached screenshot hebrew-search.png
That means that WPML is not the cause of the problem.
I'm sorry if these are not the best news for you at the moment.
At this point, I would recommend you to contact the support of Listingpro and ask them about RTL support with their theme.

Best regards,
Itamar.

December 10, 2017 at 8:03 am #1453539

yaronK-3

hi Itamar,
i did, and the theme replied WPML is not compatible.
now, i need to resolve this... as i understood from your support WPML supports all themes.
it is a code issue and i'm sure it can be resolved.
pls have one of your tech guys on this issue.
if necessary i am willing to pay extra to make this 100% adjustable with this theme.
let me know pls how can we proceed on this issue, it is crucial for my website to have it in hebrew since the Israeli market is very important in our strategy.
regards,
yaron

December 10, 2017 at 8:35 pm #1453710

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Yaron.

We would be happy to cooperate with the Listingpro theme authors (CridioStudio) on making their theme compatible with WPML. I can see in our internal documentation that our compatibility team has contacted them and that they are waiting for their reply. It would be great if you also could contact the authors and urge them to join our Go Global Program.
You can find details about it here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Now, please understand that the compatibility process might take time as it also involves the cooperation of the authors of the theme with us and other priorities that our compatibility team has. And I understand that you might not have this time to wait for it to be compatible.

Tomorrow I will have the opportunity to discuss this matter with our compatibility team and see if they can do something about this specific problem.

I'll get back to you regarding it here.

Thank you for your patience,
Itamar.

December 11, 2017 at 3:44 pm #1454535

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Yaron.

I'm sorry, but my superiors told me that for now there is nothing that we can do. If the problem is coming from the theme and is happening even if WPML is not active, then this issue should be resolved by the theme support. In a search, I've made I've found a few of these following links where I can learn that this theme is not 100% supported as reported by the theme staff as well as other users.
hidden link
hidden link

I would let you know here if the author contacted us and a compatibility process start.

Regards,
Itamar.

December 12, 2017 at 6:17 am #1455000

yaronK-3

Hi Itamar,
thank you for your reply and the effort put in this issue to resolve it.
i have contacted cridio and pushed them to make things faster.
hope for the best,
regards,
Yaron

December 12, 2017 at 9:49 am #1455224

Itamar
Supporter

I hope for best as well, Yaron.

We will be happy to assist you here in the forum with any other issue that you might have with WPML in the future. And as I said, I'll let you know here for any updates about compatibility with the Listingpro theme.

All the best,
Itamar.