This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Erik 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 12, 2020 at 6:16 pm #6115989

Erik

Site : hidden link

The search bar works great on the english side but on the french side when we click search, it brings us back to the homepage.

We're using the IMPREZA theme and we contacted them but they deactivated all our plugins and the theme and the problem was still there.

They said we should contact you.

The search button is in the top right corner

May 14, 2020 at 11:35 am #6131577

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

It looks like a compatibility issue with the Impreza theme. Please check the attached images. The search result page is adding a language parameter on the URL in the default language also.

So please try the following steps after a site backup for tracking the issue and let me know your feedback.

1) Go to WPML>>Languages>>Language URL format
2) Choose *Language name added as a parameter* option and save the changes
3) Go to Settings>>Permalinks and resave the settings
4) Check the issue is existing or not
5) If the problem remains, switch to Impreza parent theme
6) Check is there any difference in the result

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 17, 2020 at 12:11 pm #6151501

Erik

We disabled the theme and we still had the problem so it cannot be related to the theme.
We'll do a backup of the site tuesday and I will try your 6 steps

May 18, 2020 at 7:59 am #6155579

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We wait for your feedback.

If the issue exists, please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 25, 2020 at 12:20 pm #6210107
Erik

Hi, I'm still waiting for our people to do the backup. It should be done early this week, I'll keep you inform

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/it-looks-like-languages-per-directories-will-not-function-91/

May 25, 2020 at 4:36 pm #6212835

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We have released a new version(4.3.14). Please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup and check is there any difference in the result.

May you have to visit Plugins>>Add New>>Commerical tab and click on *Check for updates* button to get the upgrade links. This step will help us refresh the installer caches. Now WPML is releasing as a batch in the first few days of the release. So the upgrade notice will be visible only to a few of the customers. The count will increase each day. It will help us handle the situation easily incase of any bugs in the release.

Please try it. We will wait for your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 27, 2020 at 7:22 am #6226453

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. I am getting the expected result for Search in French on your staging site after choosing *Language name added as a parameter* option for Language URL format. Please check the attached images for more details. Now I have switch back to *Different languages in directories* option.

It looks like a compatibility issue. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the languages per directories will not function issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 27, 2020 at 12:06 pm #6229219

Erik

Hi Bigul, Yes you can make a copy for debugging

May 27, 2020 at 6:56 pm #6232401

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. But I getting security warnings while creating a Duplicator package. The result is the same after deactivating the Wordfence Security plugin. Please check the attached images for more details.

Therefore I would like to know do you have any server-side security checking. Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 27, 2020 at 8:02 pm #6232713

Erik

Hi Bigul, Can you retry ?
Now it should work
Thanks!

May 28, 2020 at 12:46 pm #6239485

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I can make a copy of the site now. It was showing a Scan error a few times and it works after excluding the extra folders of the site root and changing the Duplicator Archive settings.

I will debug the issue further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 30, 2020 at 5:10 pm #6256843

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We are still working on this issue. The bug is existing on my local copy after the initial troubleshooting steps. Therefore as a part of our escalation process, I have tried to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation(only WPML, UpSolution Core, and WPBakery Page Builder plugins are activated with Impreza theme). But it works okay for me.

Therefore I have a request. Please visit the sandbox site by clicking the following URL and check the issue is reproducible or not. May I will be missing some theme settings. It will help us a lot in debugging and fixing the issue.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 3, 2020 at 3:53 pm #6285457

Erik

Hi Bigul, sorry but I can't re-create the problem on your sandbox site.

June 4, 2020 at 7:43 am #6290557

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I will consult about this with our second tier for the expert opinion and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 8, 2020 at 11:23 am #6320273

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The issue is existing after the primary debugging procedure. Therefore I have escalated the ticket to our second-tier team for detailed debugging. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul