This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
March 15, 2019 at 11:43 am #3353607

Martijn Loonen

I am trying to: make a search with a keyword for example: ''bedrijfshal''.. hidden link u see many result which are not related to the search while there is a page called hidden link.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 15, 2019 at 11:49 am #3353619

Martijn Loonen

THis is what the theme developer say about this issue:

Hello,

Our developers thought that problem was related to our theme and spent a lot of time to find a reason. But once they checked the search option with the default theme they found that default search just does not work well and display results(posts) that do not include keyword hidden link
We suppose that this issue is related to WPML but we are not sure. So, you may try to disable WPML and check and if you find that problem is related to WPML then contact WPML support.

Use the following code to hide the date from the Ajax search results

.results-ajax-list li .post-date {
display: none;
}
Regards

March 16, 2019 at 7:10 am #3359085

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know if you tried to disable WPML and after you did that, was the search working? Does it work with WPML disabled?

If you tried that already and the issue is happening only when WPML is enabled, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

March 19, 2019 at 10:33 am #3377885

Martijn Loonen

Hi,

Its a bit strange because i did deactivate wpml and i saw some difference in the search results, but to tell you that its solved is also not the case. So i dont know what is the best to do.. can i send you a copy of the database via wetransfer via all in one wp migration?

March 19, 2019 at 10:35 am #3377915

Martijn Loonen

can u send me the private box?

March 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3389905

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Sure, the private box should have been loaded above.

I will enable the private fields once again under this reply of mine.

If you can't see them now, too, please try to visit this page from an incognito browser window or from another browser as you might be using a browser extension that hides them.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

March 20, 2019 at 3:51 pm #3390079

Martijn Loonen

Here is the donwload link of the website. can u reproduce and let me know what to do?
Thank u very much.

hidden link

March 22, 2019 at 1:37 pm #3440795

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am having difficulties extracting the files on my pc from a .wpress file extension.

Can you please export everything (files+database) in a .rar or .zip version? The database can also be sent as a .sql file or archive one.

Or use a plugin like Duplicator/Duplicator Pro?

I can also give you some quick steps that you could follow to simply migrate your current site on one of our testing environments by just installing a plugin and follow a few steps.

So please let me know which option works best for you.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 26, 2019 at 9:39 am #3460953

Martijn Loonen

Hi,

I used the plugin All in ''one wp migration''.hidden link Its similar as duplicator pro and easy to find in the plugin section. Can u please check if u can extract it with this plugin via import? thanks!

March 26, 2019 at 4:47 pm #3464785

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for letting me know the plugin.

I managed to import the migration archive into a sandbox test site but it seems that it's not that good of an option or at least things don't look right for me.

Can you please try to log in here (hidden link) by using the normal user and password from the site you created a backup of?

If it looks weird for you, too, I think we will need to create a full migration of the site using a plugin like Duplicator or Duplicator Pro.

If you already know how Duplicator works (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions

hidden link
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Please let me know how that goes.

I will also enable the private field for the duplicator archive in case you will create that, too or the site credentials fields so that I can do that for you.

I will be waiting for your reply. Please let me know what you prefer.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 27, 2019 at 5:36 pm #3474293

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your confirmation + the credentials.

I will go through the duplication process and will get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 28, 2019 at 7:43 pm #3485231

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB (you can see that here, at the bottom: hidden link).

The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. Can you please first create a full backup of your current website and then go here (hidden link) and update all the plugins on the latest version?

It is important to always be on the latest versions of any plugin/theme, not only because of the fact that your site is more secure, but especially because there are many compatibility issues and improvements that are brought together with the updates so it is important to run a test and see if the issue is still happening after we have updated everything.

Please let me know when both steps are done.

I will be waiting for your response!

Kind regards,
Mihai

March 29, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3491537

Martijn Loonen

Hi Thanks for your response.

I have add the memory and as i can see now it is 256M hidden link
i also have updated the plugins.

Let me know. thanks

April 1, 2019 at 3:00 pm #3509393

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the confirmation above!

I duplicated your site on my local environment and I ran a few tests.

1. It seems that there is no change in the way the search functionality works if I disable WPML so I can confirm that this issue is not caused by the WPML plugin or any WPML add-ons.

2. Also, it seems that if I click "View all" (please check the screenshots I attached), that page shows there, in the search results. However, it doesn't appear in the first modal that pops up when you start searching which I know is the thing that you are looking for.

3. From my debugging tests, after I disabled all the plugins and started to activate them one by one, it seems that this plugin ("Massive Addons for WPBakery Page Builder") is the one that brings that searching functionality so my guess is that there might be an issue related to that plugin.

In case you won't be able to get in touch with the developers or if you won't be able to make that search functionality that comes with that plugin work as expected, I guess you could simply try other WordPress plugins that are great for the searching functionality.

Here are some of the most popular ones:

- hidden link
- hidden link
- https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-filter/

That would be all that I can say and I hope that this information will be helpful for you going forward! 🙂

Can I kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved, too?

Thank you and never hesitate to come back to us whenever you are experiencing any WPML issues!

We are always happy to help!

Kind regards,
Mihai