This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
January 24, 2019 at 8:51 am

allenc-4

nusaduabeachgrill.com

search in indo language returns english result

January 24, 2019 at 10:38 am #3124578

allenc-4

is this connected with use of schema data in indo site? see..

hidden link

January 24, 2019 at 12:03 pm #3124903

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

By what i understand he kind of search you're talking about is Search Engine Search.

Could you tell me how did you realize the results weren't showing correctly, could you sent me the steps you made, so i can reproduce the problem and better understand the problem, please?

Thanks in advance.

January 24, 2019 at 12:27 pm #3124995

allenc-4

Hi,

i am in bali, indonesia but i think you can reproduce as follows

if..
1. go to google.co.id [indonesia]
2. search 'nusa dua restaurants'
3. you should find that 'nusa dua beach grill' comes up in organic results [though not mappack]
4. but the listing is pointing to the english website and not indonesian

could this be connected to the use of schema data in the indo site? see hidden link

do you recommend replicating structured data for each language site?

also..

if from google.co.id you search 'nusa dua beach grill' then you get this hidden link but when you click 'situs web' in gmb listing, then go to english site, not indo

January 24, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3125085

allenc-4

see ...

hidden link..0l4j0i22i30l6.5664.9267..9963...2.0..0.237.1126.12j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67.xt6RzdSsFhs

you will see listing for nusaduabeachgrill.com on first page - in english

January 24, 2019 at 6:20 pm #3126483

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Remember that in SEO, keywords are a very important factor. You need to see which keywords are indonesian speakers likely to use to find your site and then add it to the indonesian language version of your site.

In there, you're searching for "restaurant" instead of "restoran" for example and that alone could be the cause of the problem (but i can't be sure of that. Google has a very complex algorithm to determine search results).

I checked your site and apart from what i explained in the other ticket you have open with me, everything is fine technically-wise. The SEO part is another factor that will help in what version of the site will rank first and to which keywords. WPML only handles the technical part of it and we can only support that part

I would suggest you study your keywords and use a tool like Yoast SEO which could help you with tips and suggestions on how to rank better for your desired keywords.

Let me know how it goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] search in indonesian language is not returning indonesian site’ is closed to new replies.