This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|August 4, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4336575|
I am trying to: Make a search in Spanish
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:sucre.net
I expected to see: Buscar
Instead, I got: Search
Hi, I was looking for a way to stop the search results appearing in English when in Spanish and found this topic https://wpml.org/forums/topic/search-results-are-not-in-the-current-language-2/ which solves the problem.
However, words like search, read more, etc are still appearing in English.
You must scroll down the page a little to get the search bar to appear.
How can we translate these words to Spanish?
|August 4, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4336737|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)
Thank you for contacting WPML Support.
=== Please backup your database and website ===
1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40MB as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:
/* WP Memory Limit */ define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M'); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
2. Please upgrade your server’s PHP version to a higher level: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
PHP is 5.6.40 which is good, but it's advised is to use more up-to-date version for better performance and stability. You can contact your website hosting company to upgrade this for you.
3. You are using an older version of WordPress on your site, please backup your site and update WordPress to it’s latest version 5.2.2.
4. You are using an older version of WPML plugins. Please backup your site and update ALL WPML plugins to it's latest versions. You can download it from your account: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
5. Please make sure you are using latest version of your theme.
6. Could you please try to find those strings in string translation by doing below steps:
The topic ‘[Closed] Search text appaering in English not Spanish’ is closed to new replies.