Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rufusB 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 22, 2019 at 10:37 pm #3444445

rufusB

Tell us what you are trying to do? Reinstate the translation of [woocommerce_mi_cuenta]

This used to work in second language but has now disappeared, making it impossible for users to log into their second language accounts.

I've been deleting strings by the tens of thousands and may have accidentally deleted some that are necessary. I've tried translating the menu and synchronising menus which does not complete, leaving an uncheckable box, "sync nothing". WPML thinks the second language is already translated. What should I do please?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

March 23, 2019 at 1:51 pm #3446555

rufusB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! The short code in elementor was translated which rendered it useless. Using the original, it now translates front end.

March 23, 2019 at 2:35 pm #3446665

rufusB

I spoke too soon. While i now have the "Mi Cuenta" page, the links from it- to orders, downloads address, payment methods etc lead nowhere. They are translated, and need to be, but the links go nowhere.

March 24, 2019 at 4:29 pm #3448739

rufusB

Overnight, the links from Mi cuenta (are these "end points?) reappeared. I temporarily disabled WPML and now they've gone. I've cleared the cache but they won't come back.

March 24, 2019 at 10:44 pm #3449159

rufusB

Looks to me like this is another expression of the issue raised here- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/image-captions-on-one-elementor-page-have-mostly-disappeared/

The my_account shortcode is entered into elementor. What happens with elementor is that different fields can and can't be successfully edited with strings plugin (de)activated. If you edit, say, text boxes with strings active, they will save. If you edit captions, they won't.

However, what I think is also happening is that if you edit anything at all with strings plugin active, you will lose the things like captions when you save, even if they were good when you started, they revert to a former state. That's what happened with my_account. After editing the short code with strings deactivated and saving, all the links on the page function again.

March 25, 2019 at 7:31 am #3450071

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if you were able to sort all the issues in the end, or do you need more help at this point?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 25, 2019 at 8:24 am #3450347

rufusB

Hi Bruno, no I'm afraid not. Strangely my last post here has disappeared. It turns out that the account links are accessible only when string translator is deactivated, something I do periodically so I can edit media captions in elementor.

March 25, 2019 at 11:52 am #3452977

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you narrow down the issue that you haven't resolved yet? Because I am trying to figure out what has and what hasn't been resolved and what the actual issue is. Can you perhaps create a step-by-step info on how can I emulate and see the issue we need to work on?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 25, 2019 at 12:00 pm #3453029

rufusB

This is the issue-
Links on the left from the account page are accessible only when string translator is deactivated. Currently, when you click on those links, they take you nowhere.

March 25, 2019 at 3:01 pm #3455201

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

I'd like to see how this is set:
hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 26, 2019 at 3:01 pm #3463863

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've looked back and forth, also this thing (found it on the page):
[woocommerce_mi_cuenta]

However, I don't think I see what's going on in here. You don't have backups of the site as it worked before, or? I think I will need to escalate this for further debugging - can I create a site clone to use for local debugging purposes only?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 26, 2019 at 3:08 pm #3463939

rufusB

Yes, please do.

I have only some very old backups locally because I've recently moved host. I've also switched theme. I couldn't tell you when this began or if it is the same on other themes, I only found it by chance.

March 27, 2019 at 12:07 pm #3470721

rufusB

Hi, I'm getting this error

March 27, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3471753

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

For this option, just set any other and not domain per language, I don't think it is relevant for our issue.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 27, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3471957

rufusB

I couldn't say to what extent the demo setup replicates my site, but the Account functions as it should in both languages.

It may significant that the demo Account page is not built using Elementor, use of which with WPLM is now quite broken.