This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Michela Ronzon 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 3, 2019 at 6:21 pm #4690677

Michela Ronzon

I need to translate the pages of the website
First language italian; I addes english page and past italian content.
I try to enter in the english page to modify texts, but the page does not open and continues to load.
Can you help me?
Thank you
Michela

October 3, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4690891

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If Ii understand the issue correctly, when you go to translate the secondary language, the Divi builder is loading indefinitely, correct?

While that happens, please Right Click on the page->Inspect->View console , are there any issues within your console?

I would need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

October 4, 2019 at 2:11 pm #4696379

Michela Ronzon

Hello, I did it but no error_log.txt file was created in site's root directory
thank you
Michela

October 4, 2019 at 7:13 pm #4698325

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me!

Sometimes it can take a while to generate if it has not been created before.

Were you able to register any errors within the console?

If possible I would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue.

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

October 7, 2019 at 10:31 am #4706283

Michela Ronzon

test

October 7, 2019 at 7:53 pm #4710581

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

As your secondary languages are "hidden" you will need to be able to view the hidden languages.

Go to Users->Edit your user profile-> activate: Mostra lingue nascoste ("show hidden languages").

October 8, 2019 at 10:13 am #4714135

Michela Ronzon

Thank you Bobby, would you please delete this conversation, at least the adress of the website?
Thank you 🙂

October 8, 2019 at 10:14 am #4714137

Michela Ronzon

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!