This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: shop pagination doesn't work in second language, returning a 404 error

Solution: there was a problem with rewrite rules, we had some functionality to have our category & product base the same string, namely "shop".

But this was interfering with second pages because the regex that was handling this functionality wasn't supporting pagination.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by brunoD-31 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 2:58 pm #2800625

brunoD-31

In the category 'wedding rings', there are 47 products. In the theme settings, I've set that only 34 products per page have to be shown so this means you have to click the second page to see the rest of the rings. However, this second page doesn't show anything, it says "page not found".

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: more products on the second wedding rings page.

Instead, I got: page not found

October 10, 2018 at 7:29 am #2803196

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I suppose all your products are translated, right?

Try cleaning the WPML cache in WPML -> Support -> "troubleshooting" link -> "Clear the WPML cache" button

If this doesn't work, I'd like to have site's credentials so I can take a better look.

October 10, 2018 at 9:00 am #2803528

brunoD-31

Hi Laura,

Yes, all products are translated.

I'm afraid that didn't do the trick.

Here are the credentials;

[edit]

October 10, 2018 at 9:26 am #2803656

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I removed the credentials from your previous post because they were exposed in the public forum. Please don't add any private info unless we enable a private answer. As a further precaution, I'd suggest to change them.

The next answer will be private.

October 11, 2018 at 10:26 am #2807593

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

everything seems all right, so the next step is to do a compatibility check.

Please do as it follows:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WooCommerce, WPML, and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

Please let me know the results of this test.
If even in a minimal configuration the issue persists, I'll ask you for a copy of the site so I can further debug the issue.

October 18, 2018 at 10:23 am #2827588

brunoD-31

We had a problem with our rewrite rules, we had some functionality to have our category & product base the same string, namely "shop".

But this was interfering with second pages because the regex that was handling this functionality wasn't supporting pagination.