This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 28, 2019 at 11:41 pm #3699089

ilanh

I am trying to: update wpml plugs
its the second time in 1 month that i try to update
and its the second time my total wesite crashed without even an aption of using the admin side.
its the second time I need to restore my total website though CodeGourd on my server and at this time it seams that somthing has gone wrong because now my website is running slow 🙁

whats up with your plug??
what should i do?

thanks
ilan

April 29, 2019 at 4:46 pm #3705693

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficutlies with WPML. It sounds to me as there is a compatiblity issue between WPML and another plugin. PLease take note, that in case of 500 errors it can be helpful to connect by FTP and simply disable the plugin folder be editing its name (Example: /plugins-disabled). This will deacitvate any plugin, then rename it back to original and reactivate the plugin setup that was not causing any issues.

WordPress includes a debug mode which helps reveal PHP problems.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
Please note that you’ll see everything, not only related to WPML. This will most likely include messages from other plugins, your theme and sometimes even WordPress core. The messages appear all over the place. Sometimes they appear right on top, but they can also appear in the middle of the page.

Further, could you please increase your Memory Limit and WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

MemoryLimit 256M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means,
with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

Please also change the value of "maxInputVars" inside of your php.ini file. You are currently using a value of 1000. I would recommend you to change this setting to at least 3000.
You can find the php.ini file on your server inside the folder for your currently used PHP version 7.1.14.

In case of any doubt please contact your hosting provides and ask for assistance.

Now, please provide us the result for the debug.log in order to be able to assist you further. From this result we might be able to see which plugin is causing the issue together with WPML.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] second time i try to uptade in 1 month and second time my site totaly crashed’ is closed to new replies.