Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rufusB 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 2, 2019 at 5:22 pm #4682389

rufusB

Secondary currencies have just stopped converting correctly. Invoices are correct but payment taken from gateways do not correspond to the invoice. This is true both for PayPal and Stripe and was brought to my attention last night by a customer order. I have tried the "empty cart on currency switch" option but this has not solved the problem.

Default currency seems to be working still,

October 3, 2019 at 3:48 pm #4689531

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello

Clarifications:

1. Are you using automatic conversion or have you set the conversion rate manually?

2. In the screenshot that you included, what should I be looking at that illustrates the problem you have described?

3. Is this happening for all products or just some or one?

4. How can I test this on your site...or do you have a staging site setup where the issue is also produced and where there are test accounts/products that allow me to execute Paypal transactions?

I have checked for any reported errors of this type in our support database, but I am not finding any matches.

Thanks

October 7, 2019 at 4:09 pm #4709173

rufusB

Hi Yvette.

1. Are you using automatic conversion or have you set the conversion rate manually?

Manual

2. In the screenshot that you included, what should I be looking at that illustrates the problem you have described?

You will see two amounts. The invoiced amount of €11.20 does not agree with the £7.50 PayPal advises at the bottom of the screen that the € will be converted to, it should be £10.00. That the conversion doesn't work is confirmed by a real life purchase.

3. Is this happening for all products or just some or one?

It does seem to be consistent with digital products. I use product variations and common digital product variations cost £7.50 and £10. All the £10 (€11.20) variations are converting as £7.50 equivalents, so it appears the translation is using the wrong value. The same is true of USD.

It happens with some, but not all physical products and I can't determine any constants.

4. How can I test this on your site...or do you have a staging site setup where the issue is also produced and where there are test accounts/products that allow me to execute Paypal transactions?

There's no need to execute transactions, as per the screenshot, the gateway will advise you of the amount to be debited before you finalise payment.

Given that I am struggling with translated elementor pages which your second tier support have not remedied in nearly a year, I would prefer you to migrate the site to your own test area. One wrong move and I have to manually rebuild all elementor translated pages.

Thanks

October 8, 2019 at 10:54 am #4714475

Yvette
Supporter

OK - I think in this case, and so we are looking at the same instance of your site, I would ask you to migrate your site to a Cloudways server using these parameters and instructions.

================================================

To troubleshoot this issue without affecting your site I created a test server for you in Cloudways (https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/).
If it is OK with you, we can migrate your content there to further debugging without any risk on your end.
To do the migration please follow these simple steps:

1.Install this plugin in your site: Cloudways WordPress Migrator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/)

2. After you activate it you will be redirected to the migration form

3. Fill it with this information:

--Email:
Your email here, as you will be notified about the migration progress.

--Destination Site URL:
wordpress-219768-1015112.cloudwaysapps.com

--Server Public IP Address:

--Database Name:
ffkkeburhp

--Database User:
ffkkeburhp

--Database Password:
PmA2uFX8WA

--SFTP User:
yvette-4682389

--SFTP Password:
yvette-4682389

4. Agree with the terms of service and click on "Migrate"

5. More information:
hidden link
You will get an email when the migration starts, and one when the migration ends.

6. Let me know when the migration is ready and I will check the issue in the test site immediately.

The copy of your site will be online, but search engines won't index it (the copy) so you don't have to worry about duplicate content.
The information you share with us will be confidential. Once the problem is resolved the details you shared with us will be deleted from our records.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

October 9, 2019 at 2:20 pm #4723699

rufusB

Hi Yvette, thanks for that. Migration is complete now. I just tested a digital purchase on the migration and the error has replicated. /product/de-vuelta-al-barrio-el-nino-y-la-verdad/?wcmlc=EUR

Before migrating I tested the error on the live site with all possible plugins deactivated and another theme. Again, it replicated.

Hope that's a help

October 9, 2019 at 5:50 pm #4724999

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Could you please give me an admin userid that I can use on the migrated site?

I am opening the priate area for this.

October 11, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4738275

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Jetpack has locked me out of the cloudways migrated site today. = (

Could you please communicate the email that is associated with the userid you provided me or do the necessary to unblock me from site?

October 11, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4739649

Yvette
Supporter

Gracias! No sé que has hecho - pero ahora puedo entrar. = )

October 14, 2019 at 8:11 am #4747959

Yvette
Supporter

Ugh - it happened again.

Can you please do whatever you did before? Maybe we can deactivavte Jetpack?

October 14, 2019 at 8:49 am #4748143

rufusB

Oh dear, sorry, not sure what's happening but jepack is now deactivated.

October 14, 2019 at 10:06 am #4748839

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

THanks for fixing that again. I am having trouble getting to the screen that shows the wrong price.

I am being asked to login to a Paypal account (which I don´t have). Do you have one I can use?

How can I get to the finalise transaction screen. Please see the screencast to see that I am not seeing the string that you have in your screenshot.

The recording is quite slow - sorry for that.
hidden link

October 14, 2019 at 10:55 am #4749149

rufusB

Ya estás!

Te das cuenta que cuando cambias el idioma del sitio cloudways al castellano te lleva a timbamerchant.es en vez de cloudways en castellano? No se porque, pero bueno. De todas maneras he desactivado euros y dólares en el sitio en vivo mientras existe este problema.

La base monetaria del sitio es esterlina así que para ver el precio incorrecto tienes que cambiar la moneda de pago a euros o dólares. Ese precio entonces verás en la página de finalizar la compra cuando cambias el método de paga a PayPal o Stripe. No se falta rellenar el formulario, la pasarela debería indicar en anticipo la cantidad del pago en libras que haría si se finalizara la compra.

Si no puedes hacer funcionar el cambiador de idiomas del sitio cloudways, puedes cambiar la moneda en el sitio en inglés de cloudways y obtener el precio incorrecto deseado. 🙂

October 14, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4750457

Yvette
Supporter

OK. I finally got this to work. You can see this also by adding the following line to your hosts file:

198.199.78.128 es.wordpress-219768-1015112.cloudwaysapps.com

Now I see the same kind of output as you do.

Please tell me more about this text. I have not seen it in standard Woocommerce /WPML setups. Where is the calculation being made and where is the text being generated from?

October 14, 2019 at 8:26 pm #4752519

rufusB

Where is my hosts file and what does the code do?

As for the text, I'm afraid I don't know where it's generated or where the calculation's made. I tried disabling the booster plugin then virtually all the others but it was visible until I also disabled some WPML plugins. I tried searching for the text in string translator but no results.

In the meantime, I've lost access to the cloudways site, I get the message-

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

October 15, 2019 at 7:13 am #4754907

rufusB

No problem entering the site today. I'm just going to reactivate Jetpack for 10 minutes.

EDIT: jetpack is off again