Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rufusB 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 15, 2019 at 8:21 am #4755347

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

1. Hosts file
Your personal computer´s hosts file maps certain ip addresses to domain names. On my Mac it is located in /private/etc/hosts
You can google how to edit your copy.

It will be the first place your TCP/IP protocol will look to resolve a domain name to an ip address

The file is an operating system protected file so you will have to have admin priveleges to edit it.

2. Cloudways and jetpack
No comment - weird.

3. Code to generate the text.
Alright - I´ll see what I find now.

4. Could you please verify that you can operate in the ES domain ok?

October 15, 2019 at 9:13 am #4755731

rufusB

I'm only getting the backend in both languages and homepage in English, nothing more.

October 16, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4766135

Yvette
Supporter

Hi

To see the product you need to go through single product page.
Example:
hidden link

- Change the language and the currency
- Add to cart
- View Cart
- Go to Checkout

Can you see this now?
You have many links on your shop page that seem to link back to your normal site so I am not able to use the store page.

1. Valid example of the issue
I am trying to find an example from your many products where the £10 (€11.20) variations are converting as £7.50 equivalents.

Please write back with a product name or link on the cloudways site.

2. You system files
Please send me a zip of your ../wp-content. Upload it to a file sharing site like fileshare, dropbox...etc. and then send me the link where I can download it from.

THanks

October 17, 2019 at 7:15 am #4770573

rufusB

Something is blocking me from downloading the folder at the moment, I'm working on it....

I can't see the .es site but I get the English product page now. You don't need to change language to get this error, just change currency to Euro or USD and change the product format to WAV to see an €11.20 product. Your example product has that option.

I'll get back to you about the folder as soon as I hear from my host.

October 17, 2019 at 10:08 am #4772165

rufusB

I've enabled Jetpack and disabled the module their support say was keeping you out. let me know if that problem repeats.

October 17, 2019 at 11:21 am #4772867

Yvette
Supporter

Sure - for the moment - no issues.

1. Do you have the zip of the system files yet?

2. Can you see the example as described in my last message if you start from the product page?

3. Just to review the situation.
- the issue is that the amount being shown in your custom text is incorrect
- the custom text only appears when the checkout page is in Euro
- When the checkout is in GBP, the expected 10.00 sterling is correct on the invoice total
- no language switching is required to see the issue
(see images)

From these observations, the problem seems to lie in whatever is giving your the value that you use for your custom text. This is why you need to review that code. It is not part of the standard Woocommerce solution.

I also cannot see any reason to think that WPML/WCML would affect this quantity. Our filters/hooks are only activated through the Woocommerce processing. We don´t generate that quantity in the text.

With every release of our code, there is a possibility that the hooks/filters might change. So we need to see the code that generates the text. You may be using calls that are not supported officially by our WPML or WCML API. In this case, debugging the custom code goes outside the scope of our support policy.

Do you agree?

October 17, 2019 at 3:34 pm #4775493

rufusB

Sorry for the delay, I should have the files for tomorrow morning.

The only custom text, which I added myself, is related to bank transfers having to be in GBP. This was added in string translations if I remember right. There is no custom text in paypal where we know this problem occurs and no custom logic anywhere at all to my knowledge. I haven't added any, I simply wouldn't know how even if I wanted to. As far as I'm aware, the text and everything else is created by WPML currency switcher. I'm curious to see what you find in the files.

October 18, 2019 at 8:05 am #4779241

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for that additional information.

I see that the string "Please note that the payment will be made in %1$s. %2$s will be debited from your account." is registered in String Translation in the domain: woocommerce-multilingual

However, when I scan the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin files using Sublime, I cannot find any such string in our source code

I also don´t have that string in our String Translation table.
You wrote: "The only custom text, which I added myself, is related to bank transfers having to be in GBP. This was added in string translations if I remember right. "

How did you register this with String Translation? Normally, it is either scanned with the plugin files or you can programitcally register it with custom code.

I also wonder what we´ll find in your system files when I get the zip.

October 18, 2019 at 8:21 am #4779313

rufusB

"I see that the string "Please note that the payment will be made in %1$s. %2$s will be debited from your account." is registered in String Translation in the domain: woocommerce-multilingual

"However, when I scan the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin files using Sublime, I cannot find any such string in our source code"

That is curious. As per the screenshot in my last post, that looks to me like the exact same text that appears in WPML website under currency switchers. https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

I'm now very confused.

Still working on getting you the folder....

October 18, 2019 at 8:35 am #4779387

Yvette
Supporter

Hmm - maybe I have the wrong version of WCML!

I´ll check older versions - I´m confused as well. I´ll also rescan my own copy. Thanks for letting me know this.

October 18, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4782047

rufusB

Files are nearly ready, can you please give me a secure place to give you the key.

October 18, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4782237

Yvette
Supporter

I am opening the private area for a downloadable link of the file.

October 18, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4784043

rufusB

this system will not allow me to post without uploading a file. The file is too large and is not local.

October 18, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4784163

Yvette
Supporter

Please just include the link in the normal message. Do not try to upload the file itself.

I´ll mark the post as private as soon as I see it.

October 22, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4804889

rufusB

Could these have something to do with it? I just found that this text- Pay via PayPal; you can pay with PayPal if you don't have a credit card. -has no string, in English or translation, also that a bacs text translation appears on the English language string page.