Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 20, 2020 at 12:05 pm #5948965

gvidoD

Hi!

So the primary language is fine and it loads nicely. But when switching to secondary language, the loading time sometimes exceeds 1 or even 2 minutes (checked via chrome dev tools, network tab).

Other elements on page load kinda fine, but the one not loading is revolution slider and testimonial slider, it is just a blank section for that minute. There is no loading gif or anything, it is just empty which gives very nasty feel to the usage of the website, because the revolution slider is the first element.

I have tried multiple of solutions when googling. I increased input max var to 70000, memory limit is 512mb etc etc. But it has no effect!

Also important: Very very weird thing is that in incognito tab everything loads nicely without delays. But if I browse the website in normal mode (non-incognito, the way I use chrome daily), then problems appear. I am not the only one who have this issue. Is this some kind of caching issue? because we are using LiteSpeed cache (provided by our hosting). I also notice that server load sometimes hits the 100%, but those are random spikes.

Is there is something wrong with lightspeed setup or the website itself? Is our hosting trash (although it is not the cheapest one and it is marketed as optimized for WP ) Please advise, I think we can jump straight to login details which I am happy to provide. I have added screenshots as well (original language vs secondary language )

April 20, 2020 at 12:06 pm #5948971

gvidoD

Sorry , i forgot to upload screenshots

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 14.59.37.png
Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 14.57.40.png
April 22, 2020 at 11:39 am #5967849

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

thanks for explaining the issue.

I have visited your website and I couldn't see any difference between loading 1st/2nd language in a normal tab and private window.

On the contrary, it is opening even faster once the cache is saved (after first visit). Both languages load in around 3-4 seconds. Let me know if am not replicating issue correctly.

Please check the video: hidden link

Hitting 100% server resource can affect loading time, the server is not responding since it is at 100%.

In order to better understand what is causing the issue I would advise:

1) Try contacting hosting support to check what is causing to hit 100% server, are there any errors on server and do you need to upgrade your server resources?

2) Try disabling server and plugin cache to see if that might be causing the issue and server overload

3) Try testing websites on default WP theme and only WPML plugin active, is there any issue in loading?

I can also recommend checking the next documentation:
- https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/
- https://wpml.org/tutorials/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way or have doubts or questions about the steps mentioned above, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible.

Regards,
Drazen

April 22, 2020 at 12:02 pm #5968041

gvidoD

Hi! It looks like that you viewed the website in the wrong time, because we did some adjustments and layout is all wrong in your video and not loaded fully. Do you mind testing again?

Please see my video, I opened the network tab, you will see longer load times in secondary language (latvian). English is fine.

We did upgrade our hosting and now the cpu limits are raised 2x , and resource usage is fine. The caching eated a lot of resources in the background.

Video : hidden link

EDIT: simple page like product page in Latvian loads very long. Also the video is from normal browser mode, with cache etc.

Here is video with incognito tab, and it is flying! So again, problem is only in normal browsing mode with already cached files. Could there be some kind of conflict in cache?

Video with example of incognito: hidden link

April 22, 2020 at 2:57 pm #5969589

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the video.

I tested again and it seems it is loading even faster now. It loads around 2 seconds in both languages. Same as for you in the last video and the end.

I tested with different devices and browsers, to me it is loading fine all the time.

Maybe it is only happening when logged in?

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply.

I would need to access your site's wp-admin and FTP account. I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

You can safely add your information into these fields. I would also need your permission to access the database as well.

Thanks and regards.
Drazen

The topic ‘[Closed] Secondary language loads very very slow , especially the revolution slider part!’ is closed to new replies.