This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 16, 2018 at 9:24 am #2820262

keesL-2

When I reset my password in Dutch (first language) it's working fine. But the secondary language (English) when I hit the link in the e-mail to reset my password it sends me again to the page to enter e-mail. And not to the page to enter new password twice.

October 18, 2018 at 8:33 am #2827177

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know the link of the page that you are trying to recover the password from?

Is it the default WordPress form or did you use some kind of plugin?

From what I can see, if I try to go straight to the wp-admin login link, it first asks me for a confirmation that I'm not a spambot; this means there's some security added in the login section and my guess is that it is one of the plugins that are active on the site.

Also, by looking at the plugins that are installed, there are multiple ones that could cause this issue (cache or permalink-related plugins).

I would suggest that we do a compatibility test so please follow the steps below and let's see if they fix the issue:

❌Important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following the steps ❌

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue
- if the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled, reactivate your theme and try again as there might be something in the theme's code that's causing that

If you used a plugin you shouldn't deactivate that one either.

Please let me know the results of this test.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai