This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 1:41 am

kodyA

I am trying to: Duplicate the English main menu and change the links to reflect the Spanish site. The original menu links to specific sections on the page using IDs.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Here's an example of one of the links: hidden link

I expected to see: The links work on the Spanish site, but instead, they just link back to the page in English.

Instead, I got: Each link with a "#" just links back to the page in English rather than dropping down to that specific section in Spanish.

August 16, 2019 at 7:18 am #4405079

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Have you created the menu translations manually?

If so, then you need to add the menu URL's in the correct format
For eg:
hidden link => English URL
hidden link => Spanish URL

If you want to change the URL format, you can navigate to WPML > Languages > Language URL format and change the URL format of the translated pages.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Also, I request you update the WP Memory limit to at least 128MB which is the minimum requirement for WPML: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

Thanks,
Rohan