This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 1:41 am

kodyA

I am trying to: Duplicate the English main menu and change the links to reflect the Spanish site. The original menu links to specific sections on the page using IDs.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Here's an example of one of the links: hidden link

I expected to see: The links work on the Spanish site, but instead, they just link back to the page in English.

Instead, I got: Each link with a "#" just links back to the page in English rather than dropping down to that specific section in Spanish.

August 16, 2019 at 7:18 am #4405079

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Have you created the menu translations manually?

If so, then you need to add the menu URL's in the correct format
For eg:
hidden link => English URL
hidden link => Spanish URL

If you want to change the URL format, you can navigate to WPML > Languages > Language URL format and change the URL format of the translated pages.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Also, I request you update the WP Memory limit to at least 128MB which is the minimum requirement for WPML: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

Thanks,
Rohan