This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sakariT 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 23, 2018 at 1:56 pm

sakariT

I am trying to:
I have translated our page to english, but now section of translation has disappeared and section is in finnish. When I tried to translate this again, I couldn't find the section in translation sections.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Section available for translation when I am translating page from Finnish to English

Instead, I got: Everything else is in there, but one section is missing.

October 23, 2018 at 7:10 pm #2843936

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Regarding your issue, you can try the following:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages choose the option 'Create translations manually'.

2 - Click to edit your desired page, in this case your home page from your WordPress Dashboard > Pages in the desired secondary language.

3 - Locate the page builder block where you have text inserted and make a direct translation.

This is the best and simpler approach to fix any missing translation on pages. Remember to switch back to 'Use the classic translation editor' from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages settings after any fix for your secondary languages pages translation.

Please, let me know if you need any additional clarifications. Have a nice day.

October 25, 2018 at 4:31 am #2848751

sakariT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!