This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 3:17 pm

igorH-3

I use ACF and Advanced Forms to create a form on the front end. One of the form fields is an image and the users can use the Media Uploader to upload an image.

This works fine in English but when I view the same form in Finnish, the select button on the bottom right is not translated. The rest of the Media Uploader dialog is translated just fine. Also see the uploaded image. I have checked all the string translations for "Select" and they all seem to be in place.

I have tried adding an image to 2 forms and the same thing occurs on both cases. You can find an example here: hidden link
Note that you need to be logged in to see the form. To see the image field, toggle "Oletko jo luonut Flare-toimijan?" to "Ei" and then it is the 5th field, "Kuva".

July 23, 2019 at 5:06 am #4262645

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

I am not totally sure if that's the default media uploader or the plugin has done some modifications to it, so I request you to contact the advanced forms plugin once and ask if the select button that is available there is translation-ready. You can also disable WPML and set the default language to finish and see if the select button is translated.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 23, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4267385

igorH-3

Hi Shekhar,

Thank you for your quick response. As per your instructions, I have tested this with WPML disabled and Finnish as the base language, and indeed I see that the media uploader works fine in the admin area, but the issue persists on the front-end form. I have contacted Advanced Forms and will keep you posted.

BR
Igor

July 24, 2019 at 8:52 am #4271789

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Sure, let me know if you need any further help from our side after there reply.

Thanks

July 29, 2019 at 7:17 am #4297295

igorH-3

Just to let you know, Advanced Forms have picked this up and are looking for a solution. I'll let you know if they find one or need any information from you.

July 30, 2019 at 9:48 am #4306363

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure, let us know how it goes.

Thanks