This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 20, 2019 at 11:42 am #4611767

benjaminH-31

I am trying to:
Use already existing pages as translations. And not let them translated by the translation service.
Use the language switcher, but its only showing the current language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got:hidden link *

September 22, 2019 at 9:34 pm #4619469

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Benjamin,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

As I understand from your message, you have a couple pages and you want to use them as the translation of some other pages, instead of creating the translation again, am I right?

In this case, first you need to make sure that the page you want to use as translation has set the right language. For example, if the default language is English, you need to make sure that the page you want to set as the translated on is in secondary language (like French). Once you do this check, just simply use the Connect with translations option from the right sidebar (check the screenshot), and select the page that you want to use as the original page.

Can you give this a try and tell me how things work once you follow the steps I presented, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Select different Pages instead of Translating each page’ is closed to new replies.